Windows 10: Displayport fit in HDMI port?

Discus and support Displayport fit in HDMI port? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was looking at ways to add more HDMI input to my PC and the most available type is Displayport to HDMI adapter. What I was wondering does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xJayce98x, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Displayport fit in HDMI port?

I was looking at ways to add more HDMI input to my PC and the most available type is Displayport to HDMI adapter.

What I was wondering does displayport cable fit in HDMI port?

And if I were to get displayport to hdmi(with maybe two HDMI ports) would it able to play video and audio simultaneously.

My goal is to try to have a monitor connected a HDMI video and my soundbar connected HDMI audio.

submitted by /u/xJayce98x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xJayce98x, Jun 24, 2020

2. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Hi there. But would i be buying hdmi to displayport or usb c to display port?

Because the one i listed is usb c to displayport. When i checked hdmi to display port on amazon, i heard lot of complaints where ppl said it wasn't compatible because it was the other way around?

paulyjustin, Jun 24, 2020
  3. sagarpv Win User
    N8 : HDMI cable is not fit to HDMI port on Sony Bravia TV

Hi,

I got the HDMI cable with the N8, I tried to connect my N8 to the Sony Bravia TV with this cable. But it is not fit into the HDMI port of the TV.

Is there any other connectivity cable require to connect phone and TV through HDMI cable?

If yes, please suggest me what cable and where to buy that cable.

or

Is there any other way to connect my phone and TV through HDMI.

sagarpv, Jun 24, 2020
  4. M_P_ Win User

Displayport fit in HDMI port?

Windows 10 unstable in dual screen setup displayport + hdmi

I just changed my system from an intel i5 2500k to an amd r5 1600 and with almost the same hardware (only changed cpu, motherboard, ram and switched to a m2 ssd as windows drive) and windows version (freshly
    resinstalled) windows crashes when I turn my displayport screen on again in dual screen setup with an hdmi screen.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: MSI X370 gaming pro carbon

BIOS: 7A32v17 (AGESA 1.0.0.6)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200 (G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

GPU: MSI RX 480 gaming x 8GB

VBIOS: 015.050.000.000

GPU Driver: 17.7.1

Steps to Reproduce:

• Plug into gpu ports: BenQ XL2730Z @ displayport, Philips 273P3LPHES @ hdmi

• turn on pc and displays, wait for windows login

• turn off displayport display

• turn on displayport display

• what now happens: displayport display stays black (no signal), hdmi display turns black (no signal), pc unresponsive

• after 10 - 20 seconds pc reboots automatically
    Expected Behavior:

displayport display should turn on normally without crashing the pc in dual screen setup

Actual Behavior:

displayport display causes crash when turned on again

Additional Observations:

Turning the hdmi monitor off and on does not crash windows even if displayport display is plugged in.

Unplugging the hdmi monitor and turning the displayport monitor off and on does not crash windows.

I used the exact same hardware and drivers before with an Intel i5-2500k and an Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 without these issues. Windows and drivers were completely reinstalled though after switching to Ryzen.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thema:

Displayport fit in HDMI port?

1. Displayport fit in HDMI port? - Similar Threads - Displayport fit HDMI

2. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  3. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  4. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  5. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  6. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?: Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is there a setting or is this not possible?Thanks....
  8. Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?: I just bought a new Games PC the other day and decided to invest in a cheap bootleg DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could connect it to my TV as well, and this was working great for a while until it didn't and now I'm worried I might have fried the DisplayPorts on my...
  9. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...
  10. HDMI to Displayport video issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to Displayport video issue: I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on...