Windows 10: Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

Discus and support Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emanuele Salvia, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

Hi,

some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look strange (see picture below).

I reinstalled nvidia driver with ddu, bios and vbios updated to latest versions. All is updated.

Os.: Windows 10 1809 (couldn't test If this issue represents also with 1803)

GPU: Asus strix gtx 970

Nvidia driver: 416.34

Thanks.

Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep. 823a00b6-7011-494e-8288-8cde60db3285?upload=true.jpg

:)

Emanuele Salvia, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Andrey_VI Win User

Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Same issue after today's update to 1709 version: monitor won't go to sleep after configured time or after Win + L.

My configuration:

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 (driver version 9.17.10.4459)
    • Monitor connected via DisplayPort
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 10 minutes
    Please help to fix this!

Andrey_VI, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Asim_Aziz Win User
    Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Dual monitor setup on an intel nuc d54250wykh.

Main monitor via displayport (2560x1440 @60)

2nd Tv via HDMI (1920x1080@60)

monitors are set to turn off after 10 min in power options.

computer sleep is disabled as i need it to be running 24/7 .

both monitors sleep after 10 min timeout period or after the pc is locked but the monitor on displayport wakes up immediately afterwards and then goes back to sleep immediately and the wakes immediately and
    the cycle continues forever.

the second monitor stays asleep.

gpu (intel hd5000) and chipset drivers are latest.

it started with the fall creators update. no problems before this.

i have tried disabling usb selective suspend and pci link state power management to no effect.

i have removed all USB devices(except mouse and keyboard)- makes no difference. have tried different mouse and keyboard- same problem.

I have run sfc/scannow (no issues detected)

Have run power troubleshooter no issues there.

the weird thing is that some running applications change this behaviour.

eg.

if i remote desktop into this pc from a different pc the computer shows lock screen as it is supposed to and if i disconnect from remote pc the monitor turns off and doesn't go into that on off loop.

if i open reddit windows 10 subreddit page in chrome (does not work in IE or edge) and leave it maximised the the monitor goes to sleep when it is supposed to. (doesn't work if it is minimised).

i haven't come across any other webpage that has this behaviour.( the reddit windows 10 page puts a constant 3% load on the GPU)

I suspect all this has something to do with the new GPU performance monitors in task manager.

Asim_Aziz, Oct 21, 2018
  4. ajcarb329 Win User

Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

Displayport computer not fully sleeping or waking up

Hi - I have 2 monitors. when I connect them via HDMI it is fine (but my graphics card only has 1 HDMI). It has 3 display ports so I am trying to use those. when I try to connect the displayports it works fine but then when you sleep the computer it doesn't
    fully sleep (the LEDs remain on but all the fans and everything stop) and when you try and wake it, it will not wake up.

However, when you sleep it and then unplug the displayport connections it goes fully to sleep (lights go off) and you can wake it up again.

Any ideas how to fix?

ajcarb329, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

1. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep. - Similar Threads - Displayport goes weird

2. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  3. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  5. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  6. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  8. How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...: For anyone who has multiple monitors and display port this has probably driven you crazy at some point. But when your computer sleeps / monitor "turns off", windows thinks you have removed it, so will re-arrange all windows on it to other monitors. Same when you wake, it will...
  9. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663

Users found this page by searching for:

1. displayport no signal after resume from sleep

2. displayport repositioning

3. nvidia resume from suspend triple monitor

4. displayport sleep resume,
  5. displayport sleep repositioning windows,
  6. display goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.