Windows 10: Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

Discus and support Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running an AORUS Z390 PRO mobo, i9-9700k and 2060Super. I can't seem to get any audio to play out of my monitor speakers yes it does have speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeadlyDan1995, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

I am running an AORUS Z390 PRO mobo, i9-9700k and 2060Super. I can't seem to get any audio to play out of my monitor speakers yes it does have speakers the audio works fine out of every other audio output lineout and headphone but for some reason monitor sound doesn't. It recognises they are plugged in and even registers that sound is coming through when the device is set to default playback device in sound settings but it won't play on any monitor i have checked on 3 different monitors now any ideas please?

Dan

:)

DeadlyDan1995, Jul 1, 2020

2. Sound not working through monitor speakers through displayport or hdmi

Hi,

I am trying to get sound through monitor speakers working.

I have an NVidia 950 with two monitors - one using displayport and one using hdmi.

The speakers are working when connected from a different laptop.

Sound through headphones work when headphones plugged in.

PC is using Windows 10,

What could be the issue here?

Thanks,

DamonProgrammer, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Anyone?

Okay so if im going to buy the asus monitor i posted which has displayport, dvi and vga and NO HDMI...

which cable should i buy then?

$7 Hdmi to Dvi cable?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics HDMI Input to DVI Output Adapter Cable - 6 Feet (Latest Standard): Home Audio Theater

$15 usb-c to displayport

Amazon.com: USB C to DisplayPort Cable [email protected], CHOETECH USB 3.1 Type C to DP Cable Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with 2017 iMac,MacBook Pro,Dell XPS 15/13,ChromeBook Pixel,Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 8/S8(4ft/1.2m): Computers Accessories

The one thing that would concern me a bit is... would the hdmi to dvi cable support 1920x1200 on my asus monitor? My laptop resolution is 1920 x 1080. The samsung monitor i use is 1920 x 1200 and i connect hdmi to hdmi and it is that resolution. But i also have usb c to hdmi cable. So if i buy the hdmi to dvi cable, then i would use the usb c to hdmi cable for my samsung monitor right?

I know vga is very bad. But is dvi okay? Or should i use displayport? I know vga is very old but isn't dvi basically hdmi? So can someone suggest which cable i buy with the monitor that i will buy which won't have an hdmi port? Or should i just pay more for that other asus monitor with hdmi port instead.

paulyjustin, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only.

1. Displayport & HDMI Audio not working on monitor speakers only. - Similar Threads - Displayport HDMI Audio

2. Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter: Hi, I have a problem with my computer trying to use a second monitor. I have a RX6650 xt and I'm trying to use a second monitor using a HDMI to DisplayPort converter. The monitor shows de BIOS image when de pc starts and even shows the BIOS setup but when Windows initiate it...
  3. Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with second monitor with HDMI to DisplayPort converter: Hi, I have a problem with my computer trying to use a second monitor. I have a RX6650 xt and I'm trying to use a second monitor using a HDMI to DisplayPort converter. The monitor shows de BIOS image when de pc starts and even shows the BIOS setup but when Windows initiate it...
  4. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  5. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  6. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  7. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  8. No monitor audio through Displayport, HDMI audio works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No monitor audio through Displayport, HDMI audio works perfectly fine.: Recently, my monitor stopped outputting sound through Displayport. It worked for a long time, but it just randomly stopped one day. It works completely fine through my HDMI cable, though. I have made sure everything is enabled, I have updated all of my drivers, I have...
  9. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  10. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...