Windows 10: DisplayPort Monitor issues

Discus and support DisplayPort Monitor issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have two Samsung Monitors connected to my PC. One monitor uses HDMI and I have the second connected to DisplayPort both streaming 1080p.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevin Gryspeerd, Jan 4, 2021.

1. DisplayPort Monitor issues

Hello,

I have two Samsung Monitors connected to my PC. One monitor uses HDMI and I have the second connected to DisplayPort both streaming 1080p.

My issue is that after shutting my computer down, the monitor connected to the DisplayPort does not end up being recognized upon reboot nor will windows be able to detect it. Interestingly enough however, after I put my computer to sleep and then booting, the monitor stays connected flawlessly...

I've read forums online for people experiencing issues with refresh rates, and made sure that both monitors were reset to factory settings to eliminate any optimization related changes.

Has anyone experienced this same or similar issues?

:)

Kevin Gryspeerd, Jan 4, 2021

2. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Andrey_VI Win User
    Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Same issue after today's update to 1709 version: monitor won't go to sleep after configured time or after Win + L.

My configuration:

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 (driver version 9.17.10.4459)
    • Monitor connected via DisplayPort
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 10 minutes
    Please help to fix this!

Andrey_VI, Jan 4, 2021
  4. tadw Win User

DisplayPort Monitor issues

install 2nd monitor though displayport

Darren,

Thanks for helping out! I appreciate it. I'm trying to get setup to work from home. My 2nd monitor says its getting no signal and from the pc settings wont detect the 2nd monitor. its a vga to displayport adapter cable to displayport. both monitors work
    fine through the single vga port. I suspect the displayport itself or vga to displayport cable. I have eliminated the monitors and vga cables as the problem. I have done the shutdown procedure multiple times. I dont think the displayport is working.

tadw, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

DisplayPort Monitor issues

1. DisplayPort Monitor issues - Similar Threads - DisplayPort Monitor issues

2. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  3. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  4. DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DisplayPort monitor disconnects when waking: I recently upgraded to a new monitor (MSI Optix G271) and wanted to take advantage of the 144Hz refresh rate, which my old video card (Radeon HD5850) can only support via DisplayPort. Everything works great except for the fact that whenever the monitor goes to sleep after...
  5. DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving: I built a new setup using a 38" LG ultrawide and a 27" LG in portrait both connected with DisplayPort to a RTX 3070 FE. Every time the monitors turn off or the PC goes into sleep, when waking my windows resize and move monitors. I've tried every "fix" I can find online and...
  6. Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootcamp Windows 10 Issues with External Monitor on DisplayPort: I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 on Windows 10 BootCamp and am having issues connecting to my external display Sceptre C27. I know the issue is not with the cable because I have tried two new USB C - DP cables. On Bootcamp, HDMI works perfectly fine and on Mac, the monitor...
  7. install 2nd monitor though displayport

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    install 2nd monitor though displayport: 2nd monitor doesn't get signal from pc. pc doesn't detect monitor thru displayport. both monitors work thru vga port but not displayport. How to tell if dispayport is working properly?...
  8. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  9. DisplayPort issues...

DisplayPort issues...: So recently, I received my brand new MSI RX 580 and after installing everything, I immediately started playing. At first, there weren't any issues but the next day Display Port was working very well in the sense that I had to restart my monitor many times so that it would...
  10. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...