Windows 10: Displayport not connecting

Discus and support Displayport not connecting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have the ASUS VG248QE monitor and I have a displayport cable but when I use displayport it says "no signal." It works just fine on HDMI but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex_2345, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Alex_2345 Win User

Displayport not connecting

Hello,

I have the ASUS VG248QE monitor and I have a displayport cable but when I use displayport it says "no signal." It works just fine on HDMI but displayport wont work. I've tried the unplug wait 30 seconds trick and it doesn't work. Its also plugged into my GPU not motherboard so that isn't the issue.

Hopefully you guys can help!

:)

Alex_2345, Jan 21, 2021

2. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Jan 21, 2021
  3. ahassan99 Win User
    Displayport/HDMI Adapter

HI everyone!

I have a Thinkpad T420 and recently i bought a Displayport-HDMI Adapter for it so i can i connect it to my TV.

But it turns out that although the video is connected and clear the audio still plays on laptop instead of TV. And also that the TV shows ''DVI'' connected instead of HDMI which i assume is the problem.

Please do suggest any solution as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance.

ahassan99, Jan 21, 2021
  4. MichaelB3 Win User

Continuum over DisplayPort - No signal

Dear Gino,

I managed to connect my Lumia 950 to my BenQ GL2450 via HDMI. It does not work via an DisplayPort to HDMI cable. All my Fujitsu B22W-6 displays wont connect via an DisplayPort DisplayPort cable nor via the HDMI to DisplayPort cable.

Please advise.

MichaelB3, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Displayport not connecting - Similar Threads - Displayport connecting

2. The electrical connection caused a short circuit, after which the DisplayPort input only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The electrical connection caused a short circuit, after which the DisplayPort input only...: Has this ever happened to any of you? There was an electrical short circuit, and because of it, the quality became poor and the framerates were few if I used the DisplayPort cable, but the HDMI was fine. Is it possible that the graphics card port was burned or that the wire...
  3. The electrical connection caused a short circuit, after which the DisplayPort input only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The electrical connection caused a short circuit, after which the DisplayPort input only...: Has this ever happened to any of you? There was an electrical short circuit, and because of it, the quality became poor and the framerates were few if I used the DisplayPort cable, but the HDMI was fine. Is it possible that the graphics card port was burned or that the wire...
  4. The electrical connection caused a short circuit, after which the DisplayPort input only...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  6. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  7. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers: Hello. I assume it is related to analog/digital output or system prioritization. I feel like if there is password, Windows does not play the sound through DisplayPort because it is named AMD High Definition Audio Device prioritization or does not send the audio at all. Does...
  9. No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers

No startup sound when login password is active DisplayPort connected monitor speakers: Hello. I assume it is related to analog/digital output or system prioritization. I feel like if there is password, Windows does not play the sound through DisplayPort because it is named AMD High Definition Audio Device prioritization or does not send the audio at all. Does...
  10. Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displayport Connection + Monitor sleep = Resolution Reset & Windows Explorer crashes: Hi, Hoping someone can help. A couple of weeks ago, I got a new monitor - well, a 43" 4K TV. For the first time I'm connecting with the Mini Displayport port on my laptop, which connects to the TV with HDMI at the other end. It largely works great. However, if I lock...