Windows 10: DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers

Discus and support DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Device manager is displaying both of my monitors as generic PNP monitors, I uninstalled old PNP drivers and instantly my main monitor stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mspf22, Sep 3, 2020.

1. /u/mspf22 Win User

DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers

Device manager is displaying both of my monitors as generic PNP monitors, I uninstalled old PNP drivers and instantly my main monitor stopped displaying. I figured my GPU wasn’t detecting the DisplayPort so I powered off my PC and unplugged everything from the motherboard and waited 30 seconds before plugging it back in. When I powered up my PC the white light came on then flashed and went red and gave me DisplayPort no signal. Unsure I just did a whole DDU to my GPU, and when I restarted my pc into safe mode the VG27AQ displayed as my main monitor again. But once I reinstalled the Radeon drivers it only detected my MSI AG32C. Device manager is showing both monitors are connected, the AG32C comes up in windows setting as display 1, and the VG27AQ shows as display 2 but it says windows doesn’t detect the monitor even though there is 2 monitors in my display settings. Don’t know what to do here, I appreciate any help.

Pc specs: Gpu: Radeon Rx 5700xt Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x Ram: 16gb DDR4 G.skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 gaming x Psu: Powerspec PSX 860GFM SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1tb

submitted by /u/mspf22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mspf22, Sep 3, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Sep 3, 2020
  3. crionsynx Win User
    PnP Generic Monitor Problem

Try to uninstall the generic PnP monitor driver.

1. Right-click on the Start menu button and select Device Manager.

2. Right click on Generic PnP Monitor device. Select Uninstall device option.

3. When asked for confirmation, select Uninstall.

4. After uninstalling, click on Scan for hardware changes button.

Windows will recognize and install the monitor not the generic PnP monitor.

crionsynx, Sep 3, 2020
  4. DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers

What is generic pnp monitor driver?

I connect my laptop to Dell monitor, I use only 2 screen in setting but my FPS is decrease. When I disable generic pnp monitor driver, FPS is normal. Why? What is generic pnp monitor driver?

Thiên Nguyễn, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers

1. DisplayPort not detecting main monitor after uninstalling generic PNP monitor drivers - Similar Threads - DisplayPort detecting main

2. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  3. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  4. Generic PnP Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic PnP Monitor: All of a sudden my pcs default monitor was changed to generic pnp monitor driver . Improper visuals during gaming at low resolution and so on. how can i fix this and intall the previos driverI have tried updating, reinstalling but nothing seems to workHP BS100 series...
  5. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  6. monitor Generic pnp

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor Generic pnp: Ok! First I Have this problem when i switched to windows 10 this problem i have never had it before my mouse not smooth there is mouse trails when i move my mouse i turn it off from mouse settings nothing happens i need help this problem don't give me smooth...
  7. Generic PnP Monitor driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic PnP Monitor driver issue: So I have this very annoying issue where I have to use the 2006 version of the PnP Monitor driver, because updating it to the 2019 version does more harm than good. More specifically, I can no longer adjust my brightness. Does anyone have a similar issue, or a solution for...
  8. Generic PNP Monitor Drivers

Generic PNP Monitor Drivers: Want to operate Panasonic PT-L300U projector DVI input from 2017 HP laptop; a 2006 Dell PC successfully drives it. Both laptop and PC are Windows 10. Both laptop and PC drive old DVI monitor; laptop via HDMI to DVI cable; PC by DVI/DVI cable. In Device Manager when...
  9. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  10. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...