Windows 10: DisplayPort Status

Discus and support DisplayPort Status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to workaround a problems concerning Windows10 HotPlug detection. To do so, I would need to get a status of every DisplayPort of my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CédricTSM, Jul 15, 2019.

1. DisplayPort Status

I am trying to workaround a problems concerning Windows10 HotPlug detection.

To do so, I would need to get a status of every DisplayPort of my PC.

After some research, I can't really find my way to a solution.

Is there any viable solution to get the said status by either Script/C# program/Shell command/Ect...

All I need to do is Reset one of my script when a display port is Unplugged/Replugged.

Thanks.

:)

CédricTSM, Jul 15, 2019
  2. M_P_ Win User

Windows 10 unstable in dual screen setup displayport + hdmi

I just changed my system from an intel i5 2500k to an amd r5 1600 and with almost the same hardware (only changed cpu, motherboard, ram and switched to a m2 ssd as windows drive) and windows version (freshly
    resinstalled) windows crashes when I turn my displayport screen on again in dual screen setup with an hdmi screen.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: MSI X370 gaming pro carbon

BIOS: 7A32v17 (AGESA 1.0.0.6)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200 (G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

GPU: MSI RX 480 gaming x 8GB

VBIOS: 015.050.000.000

GPU Driver: 17.7.1

Steps to Reproduce:

• Plug into gpu ports: BenQ XL2730Z @ displayport, Philips 273P3LPHES @ hdmi

• turn on pc and displays, wait for windows login

• turn off displayport display

• turn on displayport display

• what now happens: displayport display stays black (no signal), hdmi display turns black (no signal), pc unresponsive

• after 10 - 20 seconds pc reboots automatically
    Expected Behavior:

displayport display should turn on normally without crashing the pc in dual screen setup

Actual Behavior:

displayport display causes crash when turned on again

Additional Observations:

Turning the hdmi monitor off and on does not crash windows even if displayport display is plugged in.

Unplugging the hdmi monitor and turning the displayport monitor off and on does not crash windows.

I used the exact same hardware and drivers before with an Intel i5-2500k and an Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 without these issues. Windows and drivers were completely reinstalled though after switching to Ryzen.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. entant Win User
    DisplayPort audio issue with Windows 10

I'm using a Surface Pro 2. After my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I'm not getting any audio out from the DisplayPort.

I use DisplayPort to HDMI to a receiver. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek audio drivers, but it's not helping. Could there be a different driver issue at play?

Any suggestions appreciated.

entant, Jul 15, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

DisplayPort Status

StarTech Announces New DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapters

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the availability of three new Active 4K-capable Video Adapters, which enable users to stream audio and video from their DisplayPort 1.2 or Mini DisplayPort 1.2-equipped computer to an HDMI-equipped TV, monitor or projector. The new adapters offer active signal conversion, which unlike passive video adapters does not require a multi-mode DisplayPort (DP++) source signal, greatly expanding compatibility options.

DisplayPort Status 70a_thm.jpg

StarTech.com's new DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters include the following:
    • DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: DP2HD4KS). : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 4K Adapter (SKU: MDP2HD4KS) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    • Mini Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 1.4 Adapter - White (SKU: MDP2HD4KSW) : MSRP: £31.25 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK.
    "These are the next generation of DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort adapters. Although DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters have been around for some time, these adapters are unique because they enable users to realise the full benefits of 4K display technology" said Karishma Punwani, Product Manager for StarTech.com's DisplayPort product line. "By taking advantage of 4K display technology which provides four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, these adapters allow you to view your digital content (video and images) with astonishing detail and quality.

Features of the new adapters include:
    • Supports video resolution up to 4K (4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz), stereoscopic 3D
    • Backward compatible with 1080p displays
    • 5.1 Surround Sound support
    • Fully compliant with DisplayPort revisions 1.2/1.1/1.0
    • Compatible with Intel Thunderbolt devices capable of outputting a DisplayPort signal
    • Compatible with video cards that are not capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals
    • DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) and HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) compliant
    The DisplayPort to HDMI and Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K adapters will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

btarunr, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

DisplayPort Status

1. DisplayPort Status - Similar Threads - DisplayPort Status

2. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  3. No audio coming from DisplayPort.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio coming from DisplayPort.: I've got headphones connected to my monitor, which has been working fine. But when I switched my monitor's connection from HDMI to DP DisplayPort, I lost audio. My monitor is connected to my Nvidia graphics card, and it's recognizing it as an audio output source, but there's...
  4. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  5. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  6. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  7. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  8. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”: Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal” with my keyboard and mouse lighting up. Any suggestions on what to do. Here is everything I’ve tried so far: power cycling monitor, restarting computer, unplugging display port...
  10. Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”

Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”: Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal” with my keyboard and mouse lighting up. Any suggestions on what to do. Here is everything I’ve tried so far: power cycling monitor, restarting computer, unplugging display port...