Windows 10: DisplayPort suddenly quit working

Discus and support DisplayPort suddenly quit working in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, So i turned my computer on this morning, no problem. DisplayPort fully functional. Has been fully functional all day, Then i walk away from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FrozenAegis, May 5, 2019.

1. DisplayPort suddenly quit working

Hey guys,

So i turned my computer on this morning, no problem. DisplayPort fully functional. Has been fully functional all day, Then i walk away from the PC and make supper, I come back to it untouched except no display anymore.

For whatever reason the DisplayPort just randomly quit working, I can't get it to load the display on DP at this point, I'm having to use it on HDMI to get it to work. Previously ONLY DP was plugged in, Now both DP & HDMI are as DP isn't working.

Hopefully someone has some answers.

Tried updating Nvidia Drivers (Asus 1060-3GB) with no luck.

I don't get how my display went from functioning to not & having to switch to HDMI. I've tried both DP ports, Neither output a display at this point.

Thanks
    - Alex

- - - Updated - - -

Update

Turns out, It's an easy fix. Found a thread on a mac forum that stated to try unplugging the monitor for a few minutes.

Unplugged monitor, Plugged it back in a few minutes later & boom, DisplayPort fully functional again.

:)

FrozenAegis, May 5, 2019
  2. Karo615 Win User

Snipping Tool suddenly quit working

How do I trouble shoot my snipping tool for W.10 which as suddenly quit working? Thanks.

Karo615, May 5, 2019
  3. Bob_793 Win User
    belkin mini displayport quit working

i have a surface pro with a docking station. i have been using the Belkin mini displayport to vga adaptor to drive my larger monitor. i upgraded the surface pro to windows 10 about a week ago and it has been running fine. then this morning, all
    of a sudden, without warning, it switched to tablet mode. after figuring out how to switch out of tablet mode, things returned to normal except that my large monitor is no longer detected as a second display. it simply appears part of the surface pro display.
    i can drag things from the smaller surface display to the large monitor but the font is so large when i do that it is virtually useless. and when i go into the display settings it says it cannot detect another display.

there does not seem to be anything on the Belkin site. i can find anything yet on the internet about this. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Bob_793, May 5, 2019
  4. DisplayPort suddenly quit working

Dlna quit working.

I have a Windows 10 pc that was streaming videos from an external hard drive to my Panasonic Viera tv & my Samsung blu-Ray player. It suddenly quit working. I have looked everywhere for a fix, but I have had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RickyWhite54, May 5, 2019
Thema:

DisplayPort suddenly quit working

1. DisplayPort suddenly quit working - Similar Threads - DisplayPort suddenly quit

2. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  3. DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy chained Monitors suddenly no longer work: I'm using a Dell Monitor that supports DisplayPort 1.2 Daisy Chain while the OSD configuration is enabled. The second screen is an MSI MAG271C and for the past 2 years using this configuration to expand windows desktop has worked without issue, but upon waking up the computer...
  4. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  5. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  6. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  7. Monitor quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor quit working: I had an extra monitor plugged in for months, then it just went black and read "Input Not Supported". I checked the display settings and accidentally clicked the "just show on monitor 2", now both screens are black when plugged into each other. Help please! The computer and...
  8. Dolby Access + Displayport not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby Access + Displayport not working: My PC has always been connected to my TV via HDMI (Nvidia 1080 TI). It's an LG OLED55B87 and since a couple of days it's connected to my Teufel Concept E Surround System via optical since I learned that my TV can passthrough surround sound. Which is indeed working great with...
  9. "New Folder" shortcuts suddenly quit working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "New Folder" shortcuts suddenly quit working: It started with an error message when I tried to create a new folder on an external USB drive: error 0x800701b1. I was able to create New Folder on all other drives (2 internals and 3 other externals) using either the right-click menu option, the ribbon "new folder" option or...
  10. network suddenly quit showing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network suddenly quit showing computer: Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my tablet still shows both computers, but my laptop no longer shows the tablet. I didn't change anything. What can cause this and...