Windows 10: DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized...

Discus and support DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I changed my setup when I purchased a Samsung Odyssey G7, in order to get the full features, I had to use the provided Display Port. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HollywoodShono, Jan 14, 2021.

1. DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized...

Recently, I changed my setup when I purchased a Samsung Odyssey G7, in order to get the full features, I had to use the provided Display Port. However, when turning off a monitor, not only does it shift all of my programs onto the device I shut off last, but it also does not get recognized when using Splashtop. Why is this important? If I go somewhere and need to access a photo, a video, or even a website on my computer, I can't unless I leave my monitors on, which is inconvenient.

This doesn't happen in HDMI, but then I also can't use 240hz, HDR, or above 1080p(Makes no sense). Could I use a DisplayPort to HDMI cable(HDMI portion in the monitor) to get around this, as long as the HDMI is 2.1 or higher?

submitted by /u/HollywoodShono
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HollywoodShono, Jan 14, 2021
  2. SergioL Win User

When Samsung Odyssey attached via HDMI, dual displayport monitors fail to turn on.

I have a Samsung Odyssey WMR headset plugged into the HDMI port of my ASUS GeForce RTX2080 card (DUAL-RTX2080-O8G), and two Dell P2415Q monitors plugged into the two displayports of the same card.

Everything works fine UNTIL I power down both monitors (usually when I'm done for the day). The next morning neither monitor gets a signal, and if I turn on the WMR headset I can see a version of my desktop. Unplugging the headset does nothing, the monitors
    never get a signal. I usually have to reboot the computer.

Currently, I just unplug the WMR headset's HDMI cable (I leave the USB attached) when I'm done for the day. It's a bit of a pain since I have to crawl under the table to get to the back of the computer.

So, I'm wondering, is there a better way? Am I missing a setting someplace?

Thanks,

Sergio

SergioL, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Anyone?

Okay so if im going to buy the asus monitor i posted which has displayport, dvi and vga and NO HDMI...

which cable should i buy then?

$7 Hdmi to Dvi cable?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics HDMI Input to DVI Output Adapter Cable - 6 Feet (Latest Standard): Home Audio Theater

$15 usb-c to displayport

Amazon.com: USB C to DisplayPort Cable [email protected], CHOETECH USB 3.1 Type C to DP Cable Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with 2017 iMac,MacBook Pro,Dell XPS 15/13,ChromeBook Pixel,Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 8/S8(4ft/1.2m): Computers Accessories

The one thing that would concern me a bit is... would the hdmi to dvi cable support 1920x1200 on my asus monitor? My laptop resolution is 1920 x 1080. The samsung monitor i use is 1920 x 1200 and i connect hdmi to hdmi and it is that resolution. But i also have usb c to hdmi cable. So if i buy the hdmi to dvi cable, then i would use the usb c to hdmi cable for my samsung monitor right?

I know vga is very bad. But is dvi okay? Or should i use displayport? I know vga is very old but isn't dvi basically hdmi? So can someone suggest which cable i buy with the monitor that i will buy which won't have an hdmi port? Or should i just pay more for that other asus monitor with hdmi port instead.

paulyjustin, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized...

Samsung Globally Launches Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor

Source: Samsung Globally Launches Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor – Samsung Global Newsroom

Brink, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized...

1. DisplayPort to HDMI Cable Samsung Odyssey G7 - Will this fix monitors not being recognized... - Similar Threads - DisplayPort HDMI Cable

2. Device Not Migrated Samsung Odyssey G3 Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Not Migrated Samsung Odyssey G3 Monitor: My monitor is suddenly not running at 144hz today even though it has been for a while. If I attempt to set it to 144hz the entire screen goes black except for a sliver at the very top. I moved the monitor to watch a movie with some friends earlier but I definitely didn't...
  3. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  4. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort cable broke my monitor: So I bought a brand new display cable today, I plugged it in to my graphics card, it worked until I plugged in my second monitor cable, which is hdmi to the graphics card as well and then the screen had tore all the way to the top, including flickering on the main monitor, I...
  5. DisplayPort cable broke my monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Samsung Odyssey G9 and G7 Gaming Monitors are Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Odyssey G9 and G7 Gaming Monitors are Now Available: [img] 2020 Odyssey Gaming Monitor – G9 Samsung, the global leader in gaming monitors², pushes the boundaries of display technology to deliver a radically different gaming experience. Unveiled this year at CES, Odyssey gaming monitors combine the deepest, most...
  7. Samsung Globally Launches Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Globally Launches Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor: World’s First Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curvature Provides Best-in-Class High Performance Gaming Experience [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the leader in the gaming monitor market*, today announced the global launch of its groundbreaking Odyssey G7 gaming...
  8. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  9. Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable: I have XPS13 and recent purchase of thunderbolt docking station tb16. all are dell products (laptop, docking and monitors) . The 3rd monitor is not detecting a signal from the computer using a DisplayPort adapter to HDMI cable that leads to the docking station (since for...
  10. Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter: Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only). 1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ? 2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ? 104342

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi or display port cable aamsung g7