Windows 10: DisplayPort to HDMI stopped working when KB4574727 update installed

Discus and support DisplayPort to HDMI stopped working when KB4574727 update installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lenovo X230 laptop has Mini-DisplayPort which was working perfectly with external HDMI adapter to my big TV at 1920x1080. Windows-10 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonNadel, Sep 13, 2020.

1. DonNadel Win User

DisplayPort to HDMI stopped working when KB4574727 update installed

Lenovo X230 laptop has Mini-DisplayPort which was working perfectly with external HDMI adapter to my big TV at 1920x1080. Windows-10 Update automatically installed KB4574727 update and upon Restart my external screen stopped displaying. Invoking the Display Settings the second screen is not acknowledged and clicking Detect seems to be ignored as it produces no response. Checking the Device Manager shows that the software for Display Adaptor "Intel HD Graphics 4000" is the up-to-date driver. I have dropped back to using the TV via VGA port at 1366x768 but this is a poor substitute. Any suggestions to get the DisplayPort working please?!

:)

DonNadel, Sep 13, 2020

2. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes
    me think it is the monitors issue. However, when I plug the current monitor I am using into the HDMI side of the adapter (when the DisplayPort side of the adapter is connected to my computer) I also get no signal.

I have confirmed that the adapter works on my other computer but I just can not find out why it is not working on my main one.

I have tried:

1. Letting windows pick graphic card drivers (RX 570)
    2. Installing the latest drivers
    3. Taking the power cable out of my second monitor for one minute
    4. Resetting the monitor
    5. Turning off the power saving setting in the monitor
    6. Turning power mode to high performance in Windows 10

Unfortunately my current monitor has no DisplayPort port. If it did, I could of connected the DisplayPort side of the adapter to it to determine if the graphic card is the problem or if the monitor is.

DaleViljoen, Sep 13, 2020
  3. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Sep 13, 2020
  4. ahassan99 Win User

Displayport/HDMI Adapter

HI everyone!

I have a Thinkpad T420 and recently i bought a Displayport-HDMI Adapter for it so i can i connect it to my TV.

But it turns out that although the video is connected and clear the audio still plays on laptop instead of TV. And also that the TV shows ''DVI'' connected instead of HDMI which i assume is the problem.

Please do suggest any solution as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance.

ahassan99, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. DisplayPort to HDMI stopped working when KB4574727 update installed - Similar Threads - DisplayPort HDMI stopped

2. DisplayPort to HDMI adapter works on Linux but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort to HDMI adapter works on Linux but not on Windows: A few months ago I bought a second monitor for my desktop computer. The monitor I bought is the same model as my main monitor Samsung T35F, which is a 75hz, 1080p monitor with AMD Freesync technology. My GPU is an AMD RX 6700XT which only has one HDMI output, so I had to buy...
  3. DisplayPort to HDMI adapter works on Linux but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort to HDMI adapter works on Linux but not on Windows: A few months ago I bought a second monitor for my desktop computer. The monitor I bought is the same model as my main monitor Samsung T35F, which is a 75hz, 1080p monitor with AMD Freesync technology. My GPU is an AMD RX 6700XT which only has one HDMI output, so I had to buy...
  4. DisplayPort to HDMI adapter works on Linux but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  6. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  7. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. KB4574727 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4574727 failed to install: The windows automatically updated when I turned off my laptop last night, I didn't encounter any problem until I tried connecting my laptop to a bluetooth speaker which was properly working yesterday as I was using it, it connects but the sound won't come out through the...
  9. KB4574727 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4574727 fails to install: This update has failed to install many times and it appears to be preventing other further updates of the New Windows 10 from updating on my computer. But in the forums, I see that so many people has trouble when this update did install. I'm not sure how to get the other...
  10. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
Tags: