Windows 10: Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

Discus and support Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan-Kuro Tenshi-, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus monitor is too. Prior to the update and with rerolls I was able to get the monitor to run on full brightness and the SRGB settings were accurate. Now after months of whinging for updates and hoping win11 would fix it I updated windows to 21H* meaning I can't revert back pre 20H1 as this needs to be installed before updating to the 21Hx build.Both monitors are currently seen as generic PnP monitors in device manager, in nvidia control panel the naming

:)

Ryan-Kuro Tenshi-, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Oct 5, 2021
  4. bobah083 Win User

Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

display dimming

I recently bought amoled tv LG 55 c6v. Windows now dims display after some very short period of inactivity. Regular "shut off display after 10 min" is not affected.

Problem is - it only counts mouse clicks as activity, and not even all of them, could not figure out the pattern.

And time before dimming is very short, like 1-2 minutes.

So, while i type the message in some forum(my browser is chrome, just in case), it dims the display. Annoying as hell.

Some apps also forbid the dimming, like movie-player or games.

There is no display dimming options in my "advanced power settings".

the question is - how to disable the dimming?

bobah083, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

1. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build - Similar Threads - Displays Dim Inaccurate

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build: welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus monitor is too. Prior to the update and with rerolls I was able to get the monitor to run on full brightness and the SRGB settings...
  6. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build: welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus monitor is too. Prior to the update and with rerolls I was able to get the monitor to run on full brightness and the SRGB settings...
  7. Windows 10 How to dim display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 How to dim display: Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist.[ATTACH]...
  8. What is new for Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 20H1: The Windows Insider Program lets you preview builds of the upcoming 20H1 release of Windows 10. This topic lists all new Windows 10 features for you to try. List of New Features: File Explorer improvements...
  9. VMWare / Microsoft 19H1 / 20H1 Windows builds

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare / Microsoft 19H1 / 20H1 Windows builds: Hi folks of either (or preferably both) companies if you browse these Forums as I'm sure you are PLEASE FIX the ongoing VMWARE problem with the latest 19H1 / 20H1 releases of Windows -- 19H1 is almost ready according to Ms to be released to the wider public If you don't...
  10. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....