Windows 10: Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

Discus and support Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tarv, May 29, 2021.

1. Tarv Win User

Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's fairly consistent. I'm reading about looking in the event log for Power-Troubleshooter events, but there are none. Oh, did the sleepstudy report as well, doesn't show much other than maybe the UPS is telling it's going to battery power? Would that cause a wakeup? UPS on a desktop computer here. I have been living with this problem a while now, and just did a fresh install of Windows 10 (wiped the hard drive) hoping it would go away. No dice. Would love to figure this out. It's survived through a motherboard upgrade, replacing all my displays, and now a full OS wipe. Assume it's some type of hardware/device issue. Win 10 Pro 21H1 19043.985

:)

2. sjohn_az Win User

Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, May 29, 2021
  3. Mboeblay Win User
    Desktop won't sleep automatically and won't stay asleep

I'm running Windows 10 on an iMac (late 2013) via Boot Camp, and ever since upgrading from Windows 7, my computer has had trouble with sleeping. My display will turn off like it's supposed to, but the light on my mouse stays on, indicating that the computer
    isn't asleep, even after hours of not using it, despite setting it to go to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Furthermore, when clicking the "sleep" option on the computer and going to bed, I wake up in the morning to find my mouse light on, indicating that my computer is awake, but with no means of knowing when or why it woke. That said, when I set the computer
    to sleep again and leave for work, I come back home 8 hours later and the computer is still asleep, so it must be an automated process waking it up early in the morning. However, I've disabled wake timers, disabled the ability for my mouse, keyboard and network
    adapter to wake my computer from sleep (the power button is the only means I've left to wake it), and powercfg -lastwake and powercfg -requests don't give me any indication of the problem. Any help you could provide would be appreciated!

Mboeblay, May 29, 2021
  4. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

Laptop Wont Stay Asleep...

I know I posted about this a while back, a long while. Anyway, my laptop won't stay asleep. Have tried putting it in sleep mode and hibernate. Neither one works. I can't say as to when it wakes back up but it's never within just a couple of minutes. If I go to bed and put it to sleep, odds are when I wake up it will be up as well.

Checked the network adapter settings and from what I can see, I have it checked to not wake the computer. Other ideas guys? This is getting pretty damn annoying. That, and I don't like the thought of my laptop just running hours on end for no reason.

satindemon4u, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

1. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep - Similar Threads - Displays sleep wake

2. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  3. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  4. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  5. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  6. Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will stay lighted up, monitor will go into sleep mode, unable to wake it up...: Here is what is happening: My computer will sometimes often but not every time go into sleep mode and be unable to wake up. When working correctly, during the first stage of sleep mode about 15 minutes of inactivity my monitor will go into power-saving mode but my computer...
  7. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  8. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  9. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...
  10. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...