Windows 10: Displays no text

Discus and support Displays no text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KethmiePerera, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Displays no text

hello,

I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think that folder was needed so i tried deleting the folder. I came across many errors trying to delete this folder because of permissions and somehow after deleting around 3% of the 10GB folder I cancelled the deleting process and shut down my pc. Later when i switched on the pc i relalized there's no text ANYWHERE on the computer. Under icons, folder names, driver names, even when i right click on the desktop, the drop down menu comes on but no text on it, just the icons. plus my defender does not work, start menu, search bar, edge... none of it works. I tried to open up command prompt and run: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth command as well but the command prompt doesn't display any form of texts to see if i typed or not at least. Please help me out!

I have an ASUS laptop with intel core i7 7th gen and windows 10 Single Language and it is activated through a digital license (therefore i don't have a windows cd to restore or do anything)

thanks!

Kethmie

:)

KethmiePerera, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Text not Displaying properly in application

Hi,

It seems that you're having problems regarding your text display on your Windows 10 computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the problem?
    • Have you tried updating your display driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Displays no text

Blurry text on HD display

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text.

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.
    • Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the Display Adapter driver from the
    Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Displays no text

1. Displays no text - Similar Threads - Displays text

2. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?: Hello MS Community, I'm a Tech Service Engineer, and I'm trying to fix a display issue with one of our client's applications. We push and install software on multiple Windows 10 devices; however, we've encountered an error with our QAS application. While installing the app,...
  3. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?: Hello MS Community, I'm a Tech Service Engineer, and I'm trying to fix a display issue with one of our client's applications. We push and install software on multiple Windows 10 devices; however, we've encountered an error with our QAS application. While installing the app,...
  4. Text and Display not working for QAS Application. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen: Has anybody else noticed that when Windows Spotlight is being used for the Lock Screen, the search text in the middle of the screen and in the top left corner is referring to the wrong image? Since around 6 November 2023, the search text in the middle of the screen has...
  6. Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen

Windows Spotlight displaying wrong search text and link on Lock Screen: Has anybody else noticed that when Windows Spotlight is being used for the Lock Screen, the search text in the middle of the screen and in the top left corner is referring to the wrong image? Since around 6 November 2023, the search text in the middle of the screen has...
  7. When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...: When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections, the selected text file and also the previous selected text file. How do I stop windows 11 from accessing and displaying the previous text file selection? This has nothing to do with...
  8. When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...

When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections,...: When I click on a text file in windows 11 pro, then windows 11 pro displays two selections, the selected text file and also the previous selected text file. How do I stop windows 11 from accessing and displaying the previous text file selection? This has nothing to do with...
  9. Why is the message tab in Phone Link Windows app not displaying verification text messages...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the message tab in Phone Link Windows app not displaying verification text messages...: Phone Link Windows App messages tab suddenly stopped reflecting messages from Google Log-in Verification Code recently. All other incoming text messages gets reflected except for text messages from Google....
  10. Why is the message tab in Phone Link Windows app not displaying verification text messages...

Why is the message tab in Phone Link Windows app not displaying verification text messages...: Phone Link Windows App messages tab suddenly stopped reflecting messages from Google Log-in Verification Code recently. All other incoming text messages gets reflected except for text messages from Google....