Windows 10: Displays of .xsd Files

Discus and support Displays of .xsd Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; By default in Windows 10, if you double-click an XML file in File Explorer, it is displayed in a pretty print format color-coded and indented in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MesPia Win User

Displays of .xsd Files

By default in Windows 10, if you double-click an XML file in File Explorer, it is displayed in a pretty print format color-coded and indented in Internet Explorer. However, although an XSD has essentially the same format as an XML file, double-clicking it produces the following popup.

Displays of .xsd Files 777cdb31-2035-410b-b1b0-a57365d2773a?upload=true.png

I tried using the Windows Command Prompt's assoc command to allow it to be opened as an XML file by specifying:

assoc .xsd=xmlfile

but is still displayed the popup shown above. Is there an application I can use to open an XSD file so that it is pretty printed like XML?

:)

MesPia, Feb 21, 2020

2. Generate XML from XSD in Java

Visual Studio insists on having an XSD for all XML files to enforce compliance (as well as provide some autocompletion functionality). You should code XSD before creating subsequent XML files based on it.

You can grab Visual Studio Express for free (requires registration) if you want to use it for XML/XSD authoring.

Edit: My bad. I use DTD not schema.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 21, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Generate XML from XSD in Java

xsd is the schema, xml contains the data conforming to that schema. how can you generate xml from xsd without data ?

W1zzard, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Displays of .xsd Files

Generate XML from XSD in Java

Hi,

I'd just want to know, if there is any library out there that has a method that generates an xml file from an xsd file automatically.

I plan to do this instead of creating an xml through code via dom4j's DocumentHelper and addElement(), addElement() shenanigans.

Bjorn_Of_Iceland, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Displays of .xsd Files

1. Displays of .xsd Files - Similar Threads - Displays xsd Files

2. Displaying PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying PDF files: 1/27/23 I am running a Dell XPS system with Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have set up my system so that when I want to display a file from a webpage it gets downloaded instead. I don’t remember how I did this or whether I did it in Windows settings or my Chrome...
  3. File display problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File display problem: Every time I open a folder, I see a list of files that instantly begins to depopulate file by file details is default then repopulate, sometimes in a different layout. This happens on every drive I own, so it's not a hardware issue. This all started after the last update I...
  4. No files displayed in file history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No files displayed in file history: I've set up file history and I can view my files directly on my backup drive, but the File History browser/interface doesn't display any files or folders. Screenshot below. What's happening?...
  5. File Extension Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Extension Display: How do you turn on or off the file extensions that are displayed on each line item when you list a folder? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension-display/c39fb9af-8fd6-401b-808e-dea3496e5346
  6. Extra files displayed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra files displayed?: So, when I open up c drive, there are a bunch of files that are there that I don't know why they are there. Opening one of the ELUA txt files looks like I installed c++ redistributible at some point and maybe this is where it decided to put all the files? I don't know. None...
  7. Display of files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display of files: In Windows 7 the list of files was displayed in a column and when the bottom of the window was reached the next file would be displayed in an adjacent column. In Windows 10 the columns have unlimited length. To view subsequent files in Windows 10 I must scroll down. How can I...
  8. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  9. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691
  10. Files names not displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Files names not displaying: I am using Windows 10 and Office 2013 When I Open several workbooks at once and select the Excel Icon on the task bar, the workbooks appear as Excel, but displays no names. When I click any of the workbooks showing as Excel only , the name will then display for the...