Windows 10: Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

Discus and support Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do hope you can help me because its driving me crazy . I am running windows 10 on a dell inspiron 17 Core i3 laptop. The issue is I started up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Corbett2, May 15, 2024.

1. Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

I do hope you can help me because its driving me crazy . I am running windows 10 on a dell inspiron 17 Core i3 laptop. The issue is I started up the laptop and approximately 10 task bar icons were missing, the icons are all web shortcuts for example to web based email, and various other web pages I use for work. I have tried recommended ideas which I have read, but nothing happens. The shortcuts are still there as I can still access the pages and when I mouse over where they were it says what they are, just no picture of it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Pete

:)

Peter Corbett2, May 15, 2024

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 15, 2024
  3. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop.

I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I restart the computer. No other shortcut does this.

The shortcut is present in the C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar folder. The attached screenshot shows the shortcut is present, but not showing on the taskbar.

Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts [​IMG]

I normally use StartIsBack, but I disabled it and the shortcut continued to dissapear. I logged on with the Administrator account, same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

braincramp, May 15, 2024
  4. JTArnott Win User

Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

1. Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts - Similar Threads - Dissapearing taskbar web

2. Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts: I do hope you can help me because its driving me crazy . I am running windows 10 on a dell inspiron 17 Core i3 laptop. The issue is I started up the laptop and approximately 10 task bar icons were missing, the icons are all web shortcuts for example to web based email, and...
  3. Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dissapearing taskbar web shortcuts: I do hope you can help me because its driving me crazy . I am running windows 10 on a dell inspiron 17 Core i3 laptop. The issue is I started up the laptop and approximately 10 task bar icons were missing, the icons are all web shortcuts for example to web based email, and...
  4. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  5. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  6. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  7. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  8. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.: There is this task on my taskbar that isn't included in my Task Manager and disappears when the cursor is close.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-taskbar-icon-that-dissapears/8ca46c71-e11f-477b-8f3e-de6725cf2a4a"
  10. Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared: Hi Everyone. My problem is I have lost all desktop shortcut icons on my windows 10, how do I retrieve this page? its normally when the pc starts up, then I click into them. Some one help me please, its driving me crazy. Thank you....