Windows 10: Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart

Discus and support Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all, By now I've already recovered at least 10 domain Windows 10 PC's that, after reboot, loose all profile data.. I've even checked remotely,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Erwin_PA, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Erwin_PA Win User

Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart

Dear all,

By now I've already recovered at least 10 domain Windows 10 PC's that, after reboot, loose all profile data..

I've even checked remotely, but all data seem to have disappeared for whatever reason, no new profile created or anything..

People are complaining that after their PC starts to freeze, they simply reboot and everything from my desktop to my documents, etc.. is gone.

The PC simply reboots and after login it starts with, "Hi we're setting everything up for you..."

In other words, clean profile...

I assumed it has to do something with the version of MS Windows 10.0.18363.900 most of them are using.

But I'm mostly reaching in the dark here..

all ideas would be welcome.

Thank you

:)

Erwin_PA, Apr 15, 2021

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Apr 15, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart

little cat, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart

1. Dissapearing Windows Profiles after restart - Similar Threads - Dissapearing Profiles restart

2. Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?: Before restarting my computer, I had CoPilot in the taskbar and could use it. After restarting, it was gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-copilot-dissapear-after-restarting-my/5ef6e658-e854-4d55-97e8-f6df212eaae2
  3. Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did CoPilot dissapear after restarting my computer?: Before restarting my computer, I had CoPilot in the taskbar and could use it. After restarting, it was gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-copilot-dissapear-after-restarting-my/5ef6e658-e854-4d55-97e8-f6df212eaae2
  4. Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating: Everytime I update or restart, the Windows settings app and taskbar dissapear and i keep needing to do a system restore. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-and-taskbar-keep-dissapearing/d100ed23-54d2-4c1d-acd2-f304875bd319
  5. Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings and taskbar keep dissapearing after restarting or updating: Everytime I update or restart, the Windows settings app and taskbar dissapear and i keep needing to do a system restore. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-and-taskbar-keep-dissapearing/d100ed23-54d2-4c1d-acd2-f304875bd319
  6. after hard restart Windows has lost my profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    after hard restart Windows has lost my profile: blew a fuse and upon restart my Win10 desktop login failed--"user profile" issue. entire desktop/settings all gone. help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-hard-restart-windows-has-lost-my-profile/ceff6169-eec0-40f3-9edb-fcf2e7187c8e
  7. My user profile is no longer there after restarting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My user profile is no longer there after restarting: When I restarted my PC, my normal user profile is no longer there. I had to long in through my Microsoft account. Does anyone no anything about this?...
  8. Printer dissapears after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer dissapears after Windows Updates: I work on computers in peoples homes. I have had 3 HP printers in the last 3 weeks that have been broken by a MS Update. The printer is no longer able to be seen by the USB port. You can plug other device into it but the printer is not seen by the USB ports anymore. You have...
  9. After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???: I have been working with my computer with Windows 7 Pro for manyyears without any problem. My graphics card is the GTX 570 from Asus. It uses Nvidia drivers. After upgrading to Windows 10 i am having problemswith the view of Windows menus and pages. After every restart...
  10. SSD Dissapears after Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Dissapears after Sleep: After I installed my new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD, it always disappeared from as a drive after I woke up my computer from sleep. This doesn't happen if I restart the computer though, so it's tied to sleep somehow. Only way it appears other than restarting the comp is if I...