Windows 10: Dissapointed but not suprised.

Discus and support Dissapointed but not suprised. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 has just one new feature that I find useful, The right-click on the Start Menu. Other than that, the tiles (which can be removed) from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mousegolf, Nov 21, 2014.

1. mousegolf Win User

Dissapointed but not suprised.

Windows 10 has just one new feature that I find useful, The right-click on the Start Menu. Other than that, the tiles (which can be removed) from the side of the Start Menu are annoying and take-up too much space. The simple text links to the Control Panel, Network, Documents etc. are clean and fast.

Drop the dang tiles Microsoft! We mouse/keyboard users have no use for gaudy tiles on our screens. Use the same Start Menu since XP through 7. Stop adding more bells and whistles.

If I ran the Windows department I would find ways to remove "stuff" and keep Windows a productive OS, not an ostentatious competitor for Mac. We are not Mac people - we are fast mousers who do not need anything more than standard icons and text links. *Mad

:)

mousegolf, Nov 21, 2014
  2. drhesqiq Win User

"Suprise, Suprise"

Anyone who remembers Gomer Pyle gets the title, those who don't read on. To those who do, this post will definitely make you think that the collective genius of the top technical brains at, now, Minorsoft is like stopping at his gas station and getting
    install advice for W10. We now all know that the geniuses will not let us do a clean install. Nope, you have to have some eligible OS in place and "upgrade" from there. OK, so we in the user community that have experience in upgrades fully understand the
    process but also know that it is a stupid idea to do it that way. The smart way is to back up your data to some effective device, delete 8.1 or 7, format the drive you want it on and then do a clean install. No muss, no fuss. Well, like I said the problem
    with that way of installing leaves you with W10 but no activation code. What? Where is the free upgrade we were promised? In law that is called a promise that is illusory, meaning it is not a promise at all, it is an idea about a promise. I am not a judge
    so I cannot tell you if Minorsoft broke their promise or not but I sure as hell know it was misleading. So there you are, in effect having an illegal copy of W10 because you did it the smart way but not THEIR way. So we call them and ask for a key, you will
    give them their old key, your Minorsoft account information and they say NOPE. What does that rhyme with? Does Gomer come to mind? You can't have a key, that is the bottom line. They have a script created by the geniuses that they read to you over and
    over, they do not listen to you because they are a big, big company and you are a nothing, a pipsqueak, a dufus because you didn't do it like they demand, you know the stupid way. OK, so you give in and try to go back to what you had, you reinstall 8.1 or
    7. If you are reading closely you saw the word "try." Guess why I put that there? Simply put, you can't do it their way, your old OS just won't install. The install disk whirs and whirs, the hard disk whirs and whirs, the CPU goes to sleep and it stays
    that way forever. The install screens never show up. All you end up with is a blue screen with nothing on it. Blue screen, have I been here before? OK geniuses at Minorsoft what is your next idea? Your script is garbage, your demands are senseless and
    you are all Gomers. Isn't is great? Dare I say you have another Vista on your hands? Sounds like it. But I do have an idea. Put the geniuses on the phones to make sure, in whatever logical way you want, that we are eligible for the upgrade and if we pass
    muster give us a W10 key. We will have what you promised, we will be OK but we will still feel a bit burned and you would have avoided terrible publicity, mad customers, lousy earnings, stock dropping like a stone and Vista will not have reared its ugly head
    again. But this is like a dream because it is too logical. Not the Minorsoft way. All we can hope for is Gomer going into the Marines and Sherriff Andy goes back in charge and does what makes sense, because that is the way he was. OK Minorsoft, are the
    Gomers going to rule or are you going to put Andy back in charge? Your call, at least for a while it is.

drhesqiq, Nov 21, 2014
  3. Guru Kiran G, Nov 21, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

I agree about right click Start menu, pretty good stuff, should be augmented with more things (win8 has it too). About tiles, they are there for Apps and can be removed. Don't want them ? removed them if you have no use for "Apps"or live tiles.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2014
  5. davehc Win User
    Nothing I see there that is different from windows 8. ?? (That is, apart from the reintroduction of a start menu. _ small fry.

davehc, Nov 21, 2014
  6. BillyBob Win User
    Please Microsoft, don't listen to everyone, just keep going on the track you're going, I hate being stuck in the past, maybe you should have told people about that right click since Windows 95.
    I like touch and I like mouses, they can live together, oh and so can Cortana.

Just one little thing, please fix 9879.

BillyBob, Nov 21, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    So far I have to say that I'm pleased with Win10. Is is ready for prime time?? Not quite but at this point it's really good. As for the start menu.. I like it. What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen. Just like the way I can in Win8.1.1 with Classic Shell. It's just a nice way to do that, IMO.

And I agree.. fix up the bugs in 9879 but that I think will be accomplished given time.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think it's on someones to do list. Or I would hope it is at least.
    Time will tell when it gets fixed and released.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    This keyboard/mouse user couldn't disagree with you more. So, with all due respect, instead of saying "we" it should be "I" have no use for gaudy tiles.

LittleJay, Nov 21, 2014
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I actually like the Windows 8.1 start menu better than the 10 version. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but between the 8.1 start and the All Apps, I can do better than with the 10 start or the 7 start.

There may have been too many people screeming for the old start. Now we got that hybrid which is neither fish nor fowl. Can't win.

PS - I should mention that I have extremely bad vision and anything BIG is good for me.

12. This keyboard/mouse user couldn't disagree with you more. So, with all due respect, instead of saying "we" it should be "I" have no use for gaudy tiles. *Ditto

paulsalter, Nov 21, 2014
  13. LittleJay Win User

*Ditto I also prefer using the All Apps screen over a traditional Start Menu. For me, I think it's easier to find stuff.

LittleJay, Nov 21, 2014
  14. CountMike New Member
    I still can't make my mind if I like it or not.

CountMike, Nov 21, 2014
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    *Ditto I also prefer using the All Apps screen over a traditional Start Menu. For me, I think it's easier to find stuff. I like the start menu.. have for years.

End of the day I'll get the update or buy a new copy of Win10. I really think the new version will be worth it in the long run.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2014
Thema:

1. Dissapointed but not suprised. - Similar Threads - Dissapointed suprised

2. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence: Hello I have probably really strange question.Four Years ago I bought a PC with as was listed in the offer WINDOWS 10 PRO Invoices for parts included.The seller send me Invoices for the parts I bought and on one of these there was Windows 10 pro listed. PC was preinstalled...
  3. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence: Hello I have probably really strange question.Four Years ago I bought a PC with as was listed in the offer WINDOWS 10 PRO Invoices for parts included.The seller send me Invoices for the parts I bought and on one of these there was Windows 10 pro listed. PC was preinstalled...
  4. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very Dissapointed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very Dissapointed: So here I am again, In my previous post and I did not recieve any response, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccesible-computer-after-windows-update/955dee85-2dbb-4989-8417-afabdf325301 When I try to login in my account I cannot access it anymore...
  6. dissapointment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dissapointment: i just thought you guys stood by your word when you told somebody something,the tech i spoke with an hour ago told me he would take care of me not to worry iv been stuck with windows 7 since day one and he told me out of kindness you guys would set me up with windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 very dissapointing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 very dissapointing: Hi I bought a Mac when in the early days when Win 3.1 was out, I gave it away to my best mate because I couldn't do what I wanted to on the Mac machine. Since then W95, 98, ME, Vista, 7, have increasingly been harder to set up what I want to do, actually Vista was...
  8. Suprise Removed-1Tb WD harddrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suprise Removed-1Tb WD harddrive disappeared: The activity was within Photoshop CC 2015.5, duplicated layers and applying object move. The .psd is a large file 450Mb and then I had duplicated a layer group so the size likely increased more. The Scratch Disk was the 1Tb Wd drive( Drive I) Photoshop stopped responding, did...