Windows 10: Dissapointed but not suprised.

Discus and support Dissapointed but not suprised. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen. still trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mousegolf, Nov 21, 2014.

1. caperjack Win User

Dissapointed but not suprised.

still trying to decipher this ,not sure actually what you mean ,my fault not yours .

I use the start screen in win10 ,not the start menu ; I rarely ever used the start menu in any windows OS .always just copied icons to the taskbar or desktop ..

the way I read it . I use the start screen ,default win10 dose not have a desktop icon in start screen ,so I searched desktop [on start screen search ]and right click on the results and pined it to start .
    also when in start screen if mouse to extreme lower right corner click to get back to desktop

caperjack, Nov 22, 2014
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Let me try to explain with some pics.
    1. In the lower left had part you see in the start menu the ICON.. Start Screen..

Dissapointed but not suprised. [​IMG]

I press that and I go to the Start Screen. This:

Dissapointed but not suprised. [​IMG]

And I can go back to the desktop..

I hope that helps a bit.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 23, 2014
  3. Edwin New Member
    @ BunnyJ:
    You are able to make that crossover from the Start MENU UI and back again?

Edwin, Nov 23, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Yes, keep in mind that's in Win8.1 using classic shell. I would love to see a feature like that in the Wn10 start menu.

Switching back and forth on the fly would be nice, IMO...

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 23, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Yes, keep in mind that's in Win8.1 using classic shell. I would love to see a feature like that in the Wn10 start menu.

Jeff Right, right..., I jumped the gun there! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 23, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member

Jeff Right, right..., I jumped the gun there! *Wink LOL.. It's just part of my wish list for Win10. An addition that would be nice but not necessary.

BunnyJ, Nov 23, 2014
  7. groze Win User
    Edwin,
    How did you get your start menu to look like windows 7?

groze, Nov 23, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

How did you get your start menu to look like windows 7? Hi,
    'StartIsBack' beta for WTP, but I think they pulled it cuz it was so buggy! *Sad

Edwin, Nov 23, 2014
  9. netuser Win User
    What bug is that ? I just put my mouseover start button didn't noticed anything annoying :/ If you have the taskbar on auto hide a mouse over on just the Start button will not unhide it you have to move the mouse on another area of the taskbar. OK I don't hide my task bar so no bug for me lol.

netuser, Nov 23, 2014
  10. What's this "We mouse/keyboard users have no use for gaudy tiles on our screens." all about? I'm one of those mouse/keyboard users and I use the tiles. I'm not alone either. Please don't assume we all hold your views.

alphanumeric, Nov 26, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    Seems like many still associate tiles with finger painting !

CountMike, Nov 26, 2014
  12. Seems like many still associate tiles with finger painting ! Yeah, I don't get it. No touch screens here and the tiles are still easily usable. Its the same as clicking shortcuts/Icons on your desktop. I get that some don't like the looks but it irks me when they go on about it not being mouse friendly etc. If he had of said "This" Mouse/keyboard user or "some" I wouldn't have said a word. I probably should have just let it go, but I didn't. What can I say, it just rubs me the wrong way when I get lumped into a group like that and don't agree with the statement.

alphanumeric, Nov 26, 2014
  13. Kari Win User

Same here. Never had nor can I think of getting a touch screen in foreseeable future, yet the Start Screen with its flexible, customizable and versatile tile system was for me the main reason I switched from 7 to 8 already after my first try when first pre-release build iof 8 came available. Now when Windows 10 took it a positive step further allowing me to have my tiles in Start Menu I have totally moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

14. Tony K Win User
    As mostly a "keyboarder" I'm using far less of the mouse (which is actually somewhat touch gestures) and mostly keyboard using less strokes navigating 8.1 and 10 than I did with 7. The WinKey is now more important than ever. The Start Screen is far easier to navigate than the Start Menu. The only time I really have to use a mouse is with a browser. They're not very keyboard-friendly.

One example > In 7 to search the web one has to open a search engine in a browser > If lucky one can Tab key over to the search box or one has to use the mouse for focus and cursor > Type criteria > Enter > Opens web page. If not satisfactory results, one must Alt/Back arrow back to the search engine and repeat the process. A PITA.

In 8.1 and 10 > WinKey/S (Default is search "Everything" or Alt > Enter > Arrow down to highlight category > Enter > Alt returns to search box) > Type criteria > Enter > Result pop up to a separate, individual page to go back to for reference > Right arrow over to a result > Enter opens any result in it's own browser tab to also refer to or reject as necessary. 10's style result page is quite different than 8.1's. I think it's a step backwards myself, although it is a result page to always reference.

I feel one must use the system for a while to really see the benefits of the system. I don't quite see 10 with all the advantages of 8.1 yet. We shall see.

Tony K, Nov 27, 2014
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    Yup and that's why MS has brought it back to W10, because many people agree with you. However, for those of us who have grown to like and use the W 8.1 Start Screen, hopefully it will be available to use in W10 on non touch screens. Having the choice to set W10 up the way each user wants, would be a good thing IMHO. LJ, In case you did not find it yet, here it is:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...enu.html?ltr=S

Thema:

1. Dissapointed but not suprised. - Similar Threads - Dissapointed suprised

2. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence: Hello I have probably really strange question.Four Years ago I bought a PC with as was listed in the offer WINDOWS 10 PRO Invoices for parts included.The seller send me Invoices for the parts I bought and on one of these there was Windows 10 pro listed. PC was preinstalled...
  3. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence: Hello I have probably really strange question.Four Years ago I bought a PC with as was listed in the offer WINDOWS 10 PRO Invoices for parts included.The seller send me Invoices for the parts I bought and on one of these there was Windows 10 pro listed. PC was preinstalled...
  4. Used PC Invoice for For Windows and Suprise: Volume MAK Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very Dissapointed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very Dissapointed: So here I am again, In my previous post and I did not recieve any response, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccesible-computer-after-windows-update/955dee85-2dbb-4989-8417-afabdf325301 When I try to login in my account I cannot access it anymore...
  6. dissapointment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dissapointment: i just thought you guys stood by your word when you told somebody something,the tech i spoke with an hour ago told me he would take care of me not to worry iv been stuck with windows 7 since day one and he told me out of kindness you guys would set me up with windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 very dissapointing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 very dissapointing: Hi I bought a Mac when in the early days when Win 3.1 was out, I gave it away to my best mate because I couldn't do what I wanted to on the Mac machine. Since then W95, 98, ME, Vista, 7, have increasingly been harder to set up what I want to do, actually Vista was...
  8. Suprise Removed-1Tb WD harddrive disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suprise Removed-1Tb WD harddrive disappeared: The activity was within Photoshop CC 2015.5, duplicated layers and applying object move. The .psd is a large file 450Mb and then I had duplicated a layer group so the size likely increased more. The Scratch Disk was the 1Tb Wd drive( Drive I) Photoshop stopped responding, did...