Windows 10: distorted and out of sync audio

Discus and support distorted and out of sync audio in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last few weeks I have been having issues with all streamed audio being distorted and out of sync with video. It affects all sources, youtube.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Snake Hollywood, Jul 4, 2019.

1. distorted and out of sync audio

For the last few weeks I have been having issues with all streamed audio being distorted and out of sync with video.

It affects all sources, youtube. netflix etc and happens in all browsers.

It doesn't happen with local files.

I have tried every solution I found online.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio and video drivers

I disabled enhancements

"Allow apps to take control of this device" is not enabled

I have changed the power mode

I have changed the default format

Reinstalled wifi driver

And numerous other things

nothing has worked

I have noticed that other network activity causes the issues, so if I am scrolling through facebook for example, it will cause sound distortion on the youtube video

:)

Snake Hollywood, Jul 4, 2019

2. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

distorted and out of sync audio

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

distorted and out of sync audio

1. distorted and out of sync audio - Similar Threads - distorted sync audio

2. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync: I Have This Problem Which occurs in any video I play whether it's on a browser or VLC or Movies&TV Not happing in video games}and also it does happen after playing a video for "almost" 5 minutes and audio is 1 or 2 seconds ahead of the video But it goes back to normal if I...
  3. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync: Whenever i connect to home wifi my video and audio goes out of sync while watching online videos.But whenever i switch to mobile hotspot it run smoothly no out of sync,please help me. Give me a solution...
  4. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  5. Out of sync Video and audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of sync Video and audio: while playing online video my audio and video is going out of sync every time even,i have also updated my browser and i have tried different brower too.Please help me...
  6. Hdmi audio out not in sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi audio out not in sync: I have just noticed that my audio output from my laptop to my TV and from there to my sound system using optical cable is not in sync. This has been fine before but now it is not in sync. When I connect my laptop to a Bluetooth device for audio it is in sync, so just via HDMI...
  7. audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio out of sync: After the windows 10 update to version 2004, my audio and video are out of sync. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-out-of-sync/f1249390-48f2-49df-a510-504455142e65
  8. Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio completely out of sync and sometimes distorted.: So recently my audio started crackling and becoming distorted. I fixed that and it went away for a week or so, but for most of last month and this month, my audio would either be out of sync, be distorted or sometimes on a rare occasion both. I've tried most of the things in...
  9. Audio/video out of sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio/video out of sync: I have followed every suggestion that Google brings up to no avail. I absolutely cannot prevent my audio and video from going out of sync, whether it be local video, or streaming on ANY browser (I've tried 7). Anyone have the magic bullet? I don't want to have to get an...
  10. Video and audio out of sync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and audio out of sync: I've been having an on-going issue where while streaming online video (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) the video and audio become out of sync. I've browsed several solutions from various communities and none have worked thus far. Solutions I've attempted: updating drivers disabling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 audio and video out of sync