Windows 10: distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

Discus and support distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am wanting to use the xboxdvr on windows 10 to record games i play. However, if the capture time runs much longer than 5 minutes there will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsJustaGhost, Apr 14, 2019.

1. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

I am wanting to use the xboxdvr on windows 10 to record games i play. However, if the capture time runs much longer than 5 minutes there will be sporadic audio distortion.

The distortion lasts for a several minutes.

If the video is much longer there will be several section of distorted audio.

I have updated drivers and software. This ditortion only happens with the Xbox Gamebar DVR. Not other game capture software. It happens whether i use record or, "record that" from background recording.

Examples

https://youtu.be/gFfbs8UBXqU

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

Duration - 7:44

Distortion

4:00 - End

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

Duration - 18:22

Distortion

4:36 - 7:50

Dragon Age_ Inquisition

Duration - 51:42

Distortion

3:10 - 5:40

20:11 - 22:30

37:54 - 40:10

I will upload the other video examples if requested.

:)

IsJustaGhost, Apr 14, 2019

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

1. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar - Similar Threads - distorted audio medium

2. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  3. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  4. Recording issue in GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording issue in GameBar: Everytime I try to record a game the gambar only records for about 2 seconds and then it stops recording without my knowledge. How do i fix this? ***Original Title: Game bar***...
  5. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  6. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  7. No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio when replaying mp4 recorded with windows gamebar: I have been using windows game bar to record my voice while giving a PowerPoint presentation. If I replay the resultant mp4 in vlc media player, it plays audio, but if I use another media program e.g. on a iPhone, there is no audio track. Any suggestions to fix this or...
  8. Windows 10 Game Recorder creating periods of fuzzy/distorted game audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Game Recorder creating periods of fuzzy/distorted game audio: I have recorded many times with the Windows Game Recorder before with no issue. I got a new PC, and the last couple of recordings have had some strange audio issues. Everything sounds fine during recording. In the final video clip however, there are multiple periods of...
  9. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  10. Audio Recording is Distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Recording is Distorted: I am experiencing bad distortion when recording. At first I thought it was my external hardware, the Presonus Audiobox, but, when I tried recording through the microphone on my Logitech camera, I get the same horrible distortion. This only started recently, maybe the past...