Windows 10: Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades.

Discus and support Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my processor and during the process I had to bend my computer's case to fit screws in, I bent the case back to its original state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WearSea, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades.

I recently upgraded my processor and during the process I had to bend my computer's case to fit screws in, I bent the case back to its original state afterwards and when using the computer, I noticed a popping and crackling sound. I also upgraded my RAM today and had to squeeze two sticks together as the cooler was blocking most of the RAM slots space. After this upgrade, the audio has turned completely distorted.

submitted by /u/WearSea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WearSea, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades.

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades.

1. Distorted audio in Windows 10 after hardware upgrades. - Similar Threads - Distorted audio hardware

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  4. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  5. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  6. Distorted audio since upgrading to Windows 10 long ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted audio since upgrading to Windows 10 long ago: I have a Dell N411z that was originally a Windows 7 machine. The sound has been distorted ever since upgrading to Windows 10 now at Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1165 . I believe it originally had Realtek Audio drivers that always worked great. I have tried some of the...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes

Windows 10 Audio Distortion Sometimes: Hi All I have a strange audio distortion problem on my son's Lenovo Ideapad 330S Windows 10 laptop more specification details at the end, that is driving me mad as I cannot see the logic. Basically, whether using the built in speakers or earphones connected via the...
  8. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...
  9. Windows 10 not genuine after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not genuine after hardware upgrade: Upgraded my motherboard, CPU and RAM last night from Black Friday sales. Upon turning on my PC it tells me it's not genuine. Googled it, found it's a common thing, apparently the license is tied to your motherboard. Okay, fine, I follow the steps to re-activate via the...
  10. Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Gardy here I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and lately I've been needing add-ons (headphones, external speakers) to cope with distorted sound. I'm guessing this is a software issue since my sound was working fine before. Is there a way I can fix this? Over and out!...