Windows 10: Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update

Discus and support Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Experiencing some issues with my pc. I updated my PC on 3/20/21 & rebooted. Ever since said update my pc is having an awful stuttering issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoganDoiron, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update

Hello,

Experiencing some issues with my pc. I updated my PC on 3/20/21 & rebooted. Ever since said update my pc is having an awful stuttering issue with my mouse where it takes a lot just to move it a very small amount. Also experiencing an issue where my audio will play normally for about 3-4 seconds & then become very distorted.

Things That I have done to resolve:
    Rolled back updates

Verified drivers are up to date

Uninstalled USB drivers

Performed fresh install of Windows 10

Ran sfc scan

Ran memory diagnostic

Ran check disk

Checked event viewer for any errors > none found

Checked reliability viewer for anything > nothing found

Disabled auto-scrolling

Used mouse on different PC > works fine

Used working mouse on PC having issue > same issue

Used all USB ports to see if issue occurs across them all > it does

Uninstalled mouse software / reinstalled > issue persists

Disconnected ALL USB devices from PC & used ONLY the mouse > issue persists

PC Specs:

-Processor: Intel Core i5-4400 CPU @ 3.10 ghz

-RAM 16 Gb DDR3

-GPU: GTX 980

:)

LoganDoiron, Mar 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 experiencing video and audio stuttering after 2H20 update

After I had installed the Windows 10 2H20 and other recent updates I'm getting bad stuttering from the audio and mouse inputs. I've already cleared any viruses and malware but it's still there, sometimes when I restart the stuttering will disappear. I
    would appreciate any suggestions to fix this thanks.

Eugenios Neros, Mar 23, 2021
  3. mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Ocrock Win User

Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update

Stuttering with graphical and audio distortion.(During network usage)

I unfortunately changed multiple variables at once, and thus cannot be certain which was the resolution. But here are the two things I did:

Updated Asus 270m-plus mobo bios.
    Updated audio and lan drivers (new releases came out last month)
    Updated Intel RST, and enabled it within BIOS.

So far, things seem to be resolved. The stuttering, network lag, audio and graphical distortion, and multi-window video streaming is much improved.

I hope this information can assist someone else to resolve their problems.

Ocrock, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update

1. Distorted Audio & Mouse Stuttering After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Distorted Audio Mouse

2. audio Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio Stuttering after update: As you can see on the title, there is an update happened and now my audio is stuttering. I am connected via wired connection and this is ongoing. I tried my headset on different computer and it works fine so it is not my headset which is having issue its the PC....
  3. audio Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio Stuttering after update: As you can see on the title, there is an update happened and now my audio is stuttering. I am connected via wired connection and this is ongoing. I tried my headset on different computer and it works fine so it is not my headset which is having issue its the PC....
  4. audio Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  6. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  7. Distorted Audio After Windows Update Stuttering Crackling Realtek Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted Audio After Windows Update Stuttering Crackling Realtek Windows 10: PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!! This problem is all over the internet, in every Windows help forum going. It's a joke that we pay so much to use Windows then Microsoft itself ruins our computers! You should be be ashamed! How is it possible Microsoft could a allow such a...
  8. Stuttering audio and mouse cursor after installing Win10 update to v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuttering audio and mouse cursor after installing Win10 update to v2004: After installing the latest update my system is experiencing stuttering audio and mouse movement. Prior to the update there was no issue with either. I have the following: Win 10 pro Ver 2004 OS 19041.508 Processor i7-2700K 3.50GHz Motherboard: ASRock Z77Extream4-M...
  9. Mouse stutters, then no audio.

Mouse stutters, then no audio.: Hi, I have a problem with my audio. So sometimes out of the blue, my mouse stutters a bit, then I have no audio. I do the troubleshooting on the setting, and I reinstall my audio driver, and it works. I want to get rid of the problem, but I don't know how. I have a Scarlett...
  10. Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter

Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter: Hi, I am having issues with both my audio and mouse functions. Randomly, my audio will crackle (sort of like a robotic noise) and my mouse stutters in unison. This issue occurs about five times every minute. I cannot think of any reasons to as why my PC is doing this. I have...