Windows 10: distorted display screen on start up after windows update

Discus and support distorted display screen on start up after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; please i started having distorted screen on my laptop after updating to the windows 10 version 2004, i need help to get this fixed because i have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by manuelfrimp kspong, Oct 2, 2020.

1. distorted display screen on start up after windows update

please i started having distorted screen on my laptop after updating to the windows 10 version 2004, i need help to get this fixed because i have to switch off the laptop and on again every time i boot it and am afraid ...........

:)

manuelfrimp kspong, Oct 2, 2020

2. Screen Display is Distorted

Upon logging on this morning, my (Windows 10) screen display was distorted horizontally - stretched sideways, basically. The Icons were all larger than normal, as well.

I have played with various "Display" and "View' settings, and also searched for a Graphics Driver update (was told I have the latest driver).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

BenAllbrandt, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Display Distortion after Window 10 11/2017 update

After the latest Windows 10 update I have display problems:

Display Setting: 1920-1080

Driver Version: 10.0.16299.15

Display Problems:

• The Windows 10 sign-in screen comes up distorted (cursor and icons enlarged in width and height) as well as the picture
    • Sometimes a with pin point multicolored 1.8cm square comes up, which leads to same distortions eventually as under 1. later.
    • I am using password sign in. With the latest version I have to sign in twice before I am getting to the desktop screen.
    Remarks:

• Problem 1. and 2. can be corrected by restarting or shut down, restart the computer.
    • I do not think it is a computer problem as at system start the full screen DELL Logo comes up in perfect dimension and resolution. The Windows 10 passing Logo and turning point are distorted.
    Has anybody got a resolution for this? Thank you in advance !

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

WolfgangCRONE, Oct 2, 2020
  4. distorted display screen on start up after windows update

Enlarged/Distorted Screen Display After Windows 10 Installation

Hi Deano,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10 installation.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1: Update video adapter driver.

Verify that the latest drivers for the display adapter are installed.

• a. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • b. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional
    updates from the left results.

• c. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the
    top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and perform the steps mentioned under “Update driver” section.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also
    applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other
    things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

(Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 3: If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 from manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

distorted display screen on start up after windows update

1. distorted display screen on start up after windows update - Similar Threads - distorted display screen

2. Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.: Hi. I have recently removed broken display from my laptop and wanted to use exclusively external display laptop display was only dimmed off but still connected physically, roght now I just removed the lid and cabling. After system finish booting up on login screen I see...
  3. Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.: Hi. I have recently removed broken display from my laptop and wanted to use exclusively external display laptop display was only dimmed off but still connected physically, roght now I just removed the lid and cabling. After system finish booting up on login screen I see...
  4. Help with Distorted Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Distorted Start Up: I have a weird problem. I have an Rx 480 and I plugged it in to the Dell optiplex 7040, downloaded the driver and everything was fine until I shut it down. The startup screen was different from the normal black and white so something distorted. The screen was yellow with red...
  5. Help with Distorted Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Distorted Start Up: I have a weird problem. I have an Rx 480 and I plugged it in to the Dell optiplex 7040, downloaded the driver and everything was fine until I shut it down. The startup screen was different from the normal black and white so something distorted. The screen was yellow with red...
  6. Help with Distorted Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Distorted Display

Distorted Display: My screen is half distorted, there's a faint blue line that sometime bugs out and the bottom half of the screen glitches up and down. I tried taking a photo but it was too blurry to see anything. I tried deleting windows updates and startup repairs but nothing seemed to...
  8. Start Up Screen Distorted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Up Screen Distorted: Probably not a W10 problem but I am hoping someone might be able to help. PC: Dell Inspiron One OS: W10 Latest updates including optional Hard Start results in a distorted display Stretched Soft Re-Start all's well. Three problems reported by Computer Management giving...
  9. Display distorted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display distorted: My Dell laptop has multiple horizontal and verticle lines across my start screen, some blocking my task bar. WHY and How to fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-distorted/09e9e7ae-98de-434c-927a-675f514bd03f
  10. display distorted

display distorted: pictures,select box,enter box,anything with viewable pictures or select box are partially covered by triangles white and black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-distorted/f47b5597-4b59-44b7-b78b-f0c056c49c3a