Windows 10: Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Gardy here I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and lately I've been needing add-ons (headphones, external speakers) to cope with distorted sound. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gardevoir, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Gardevoir Win User

Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Gardy here

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and lately I've been needing add-ons (headphones, external speakers) to cope with distorted sound. I'm guessing this is a software issue since my sound was working fine before. Is there a way I can fix this?

Over and out!

:)

Gardevoir, Aug 28, 2015

2. Audio Is Awful after upgrade, Have to toggle to see start, and All APPS Why? Also Anti-Virus was shut-down after the Upgrade? Why?

Audio sound very distorted after upgrading to the latest Windows-10, Now Have to toggle to see the start and All APPS, Why?

W4VanW4Kim, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Max Bidd Win User
    Recently upgraded to W10, everytime I do something, whether opening chrome or doing something on steam, my sound distorts

I upgraded my Realtek sound drivers and did what this thread asked

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/distorted-sound-after-installing-windows-10/5cdd0fdd-3e24-4b5d-a0ad-38c218a502de?page=4

but there are still distortions which are very annoying as I am an avid music listener.

Besides going back to Windows 7, is there another way of fixing this?

Max Bidd, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Distorted sound upgrade

2. My microphone sounds distorted on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone sounds distorted on Windows 10.: Things I have tried: A different PC (mic worked) Turned off allow applications to take exclusive control of this device (failed) Lowering my microphone volume (failed) How do I solve this? Here's a voice sample of what my mic sounds like:...
  3. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  4. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  5. Sound distortion

Sound distortion: All sound coming from PC is now distorted making it hard to understand when listening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-distortion/dc50b947-599a-47fa-b352-84fdda4e52ff
  6. Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.: Hi, when I am using " listen to device" everything is OK. But when i try use a Steam/Discord/TeamSpeak voice chat, most of the time is my voice drastically distorted. I have realtec sound at my MotherBoard I have Soundcard Asus Strix I updated drivers for both of them I...
  7. Windows 10 1803 | Sound distortions

Windows 10 1803 | Sound distortions: Dear all, Since Windows 10 update 1803 my system generates huge sound distortions in several applications (e. g. foobar2000, ZSNES, ...). It's 100% reproducible. The problem was introduced with the 1803 release, and I am definitely not the only one. Many people, with...
  8. No Sound after upgrade to windows 10

No Sound after upgrade to windows 10: It's been over a year, I periodically google to try and fix it but cant get back. Please ask any info you need and please help me get my back. Have a Dell Inspiron desktop, previously was vista which was upgraded to 10. 109552
  9. No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade

No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade: After the Win 10 upgrade, (running Firefox) Pandora, U tube, Quicktime, and Itunes audio all quit working.... this is what I have in the Manage Audio Devices control panel: Speakers / Headphones IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device (green check mark)...
  10. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped): On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a fuzz box. However sounds made by an application (Spotify) are fine and clear. I don't think it was always like this. I've...