Windows 10: Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet

Discus and support Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I´m using my Windows 10 default communication device for example on Discord or Teamspeak my sound is distorted, means that other can hear my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LonisThe Gyggymän, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet

Whenever I´m using my Windows 10 default communication device for example on Discord or Teamspeak my sound is distorted, means that other can hear my fine but I can barely hear them. But when I´m using the internet next to discord, for example watching a stream on Twitch or playing a game while talking to my friends, the sound is completely fine. When I leave the stream or game, I can´t hear them anymore.

:)

LonisThe Gyggymän, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet

Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet

1. Distorted sound from default communication device while not using the Internet - Similar Threads - Distorted sound default

2. Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/the_frgtn_drgn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khugir/change_the_default_device_and_default/
  3. Sound settings - default communication device question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings - default communication device question: I have multiple audio devices connected to my computer - integrated sound card, HDMI monitors, a USB music recording interface, and USB gaming headset. I have monitoring speakers connected to the music interface Steinberg CI2 and use that as my default audio device, while I...
  4. Highly Distorted Sound From All Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highly Distorted Sound From All Devices: Hi, I am having an issue where any audio device I plug into my PC is outputing highly distorted audio, i.e lots of peaking. All the audio devices work fine when I plug them into other devices. When I remote desktop into another PC and play audio from that PC the audio...
  5. Set "Default communication device" at the same time as "Default device" from the task bar

Set "Default communication device" at the same time as "Default device" from the task bar: Hello! So here is my problem. On my computer i have always a headset plugged, and also speakers at the same time. I usually switch the output i want using the sound icon on my taskbar, like that : [ATTACH] The problem is that this changes my sound output "Default device",...
  6. Distorted Sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  7. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device: In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the...
  8. Default communication device on Windows 10

Default communication device on Windows 10: Hello all, The installation of my wavecyclic audio driver on Win 10 makes it the default communication device. This behavior is observed only on win 10, but not on win 8 or 7. Nothing specific is being done on our installer/driver to set it as default communication device....
  9. Default Communications Device not recognized

Default Communications Device not recognized: I have 64-bit version of W10. My assumption is that for communications--send/receive calls--I could use my headphones while letting music play on my external (or laptop) speakers. I play music through Bluetooth connected UE Boom speaker which I have set to my Default...
  10. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound: Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default device, I get what sounds like a sound repeated over and over, echoing endlessly. The reason I switch between the two is to use my...