Windows 10: Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home

Discus and support Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home last month. Since that time my sound is distorted and I have followed all of the recommended "fixes" Current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdK#9210, Jan 31, 2020.

1. EdK#9210 Win User

Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home

I updated from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home last month. Since that time my sound is distorted and I have followed all of the recommended "fixes" Current version I am on in 1909. I have uninstalled drivers on my sound card and allowed the drivers to be reloaded but still have distorted sound. This problem seems to have been around for years and it still is a problem. I disabled the sound enhancements too with no luck.

What is the fix for my problem?

:)

EdK#9210, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 31, 2020
  3. distorted sound

Hello,

I'm using Win 10 with all the latest updates. I have a Creative Sound blaster Sound-card. I listen to music through my speakers but suddenly there's lots of static and distortion. I've looked at lots of suggestions of repairs on the internet and tried many
    of them. For example I've disabled the driver for my sound-card and used the generic driver supplied by Microsoft instead. That worked briefly but then all the static and distortion returned. I've disabled all sound enhancements. I'm at a loss. Can you help
    me?

Thanks

NormanStein, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Distorted Sound since

2. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  3. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  4. Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10: I have distortion in the computer's speakers and headphones since installing Windows 10. It is worst when the sound is loud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distortion-in-sound-since-installing-windows-10/aa390ab8-003f-43c2-85a3-ac90899f0a39
  5. Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10

Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10: Each time my computer updates the sound on Skype gets distorted on my end and the people on other side can't hear me. So every time I have to go to DTS Audio Control and change the sound to 16 bit, 44100Hz CDQuality. Could the updates be done without affecting this issue....
  6. Distorted Sound

Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  7. distorted audio since last update

distorted audio since last update: many issues since the last couple updates but now my audio has also crapped out. will try to stay focused on this issue (eg ignore the other 5 or 6 blue screen of death error messages I am now getting on a pretty much daily basis) but may be related as most of the blue...
  8. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  9. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  10. no sound since i updated win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound since i updated win 10: no sounds since I downloaded win 10 very upsetting, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-i-updated-win-10/4ff205b1-0e15-4aa0-a8c7-bf32097b389f