Windows 10: Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

Discus and support Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have distortion in the computer's speakers and headphones since installing Windows 10. It is worst when the sound is loud.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasMcGathen, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

I have distortion in the computer's speakers and headphones since installing Windows 10. It is worst when the sound is loud.

:)

ThomasMcGathen, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Sound distortion on Windows 10

Since I have my new PC I am experiencing a really annoying issue with my audiosystem.

When no sound is produced some distorted and static sound comes through my speaker (BOSE Soundlink Mini).

However, when I am listening to music, play games or watch videos the distortion is gone. But in every pause of sound the distortion returns.

I have tried this:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    But that didn't work unfortunately

If someone could help me, I would be very grateful

My PC specs:

MSI H1070M PRO-VDH

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @3.30 GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G

Moved from Insider

Gillianvan Leeuwen, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

Distorted Sound

Hi Bob.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on
      Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    If issue still persists, as a workaround, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10

1. Distortion in sound since installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Distortion sound since

2. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  3. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  4. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  7. Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home

Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home: I updated from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home last month. Since that time my sound is distorted and I have followed all of the recommended "fixes" Current version I am on in 1909. I have uninstalled drivers on my sound card and allowed the drivers to be reloaded but still have...
  8. Sound distortion Windows 10

Sound distortion Windows 10: To all that have experienced this sound distortion after updating to 1903 Windows 10, let me give you an update. After Vanshita's reply, I tried a lot of things but basically rolled back to the earlier version of Windows 10. I now have Version 1809 Build 17763.678. After...
  9. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  10. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649