Windows 10: Distracting taskbar backgrounds

Discus and support Distracting taskbar backgrounds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 home v. 1909 I'm suddenly seeing a distracting variety of background colors for the program icons in my taskbar. How can I make the backgrounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Odin99, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Odin99 Win User

Distracting taskbar backgrounds

Win10 home v. 1909

I'm suddenly seeing a distracting variety of background colors for the program icons in my taskbar. How can I make the backgrounds uniform (preferably the same light blue as in the empty part of the taskbar)?

:)

Odin99, Jun 2, 2020
  2. eddiepop Win User

Changing background color of taskbar

New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?

eddiepop, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Distracting taskbar backgrounds

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsDistracting taskbar backgrounds :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Distracting taskbar backgrounds

1. Distracting taskbar backgrounds - Similar Threads - Distracting taskbar backgrounds

2. Missing taskbar and background shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing taskbar and background shift: I have 3 monitors and have had for years now. For about a week now, when I go to put my computer to sleep, everything seems to glitch, and I lose the taskbar on my middle/main screen, and all the icons I have on my middle and right screens shift to the left. If I restart my...
  3. Missing taskbar and background shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing taskbar and background shift: I have 3 monitors and have had for years now. For about a week now, when I go to put my computer to sleep, everything seems to glitch, and I lose the taskbar on my middle/main screen, and all the icons I have on my middle and right screens shift to the left. If I restart my...
  4. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  5. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  6. Issues with background & Taskbar

Issues with background & Taskbar: Hello, Since I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have some really annoying issues with my Taskbar, search- and startbutton from Windows and backgrounds. The issues occur after my PC have been on for several hours. All the issues are all arising at the same time:...
  7. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  8. Taskbar background

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar background: Hi. I was playing settings, hits some wrong buttons, fixed all but one. Taskbar, light, light greyish blue, prefer original. Any help much appreciated, Dave 144232
  9. Taskbar background color change

Taskbar background color change: The background color on by taskbar is now a different color (light gray) maybe since an update 6/27/19? I can't find out how to change it back to black. I've been in through Control Panel/Taskbar but to no avail....
  10. Changing background color of taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar: New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356