Windows 10: Distributing Windows Apps to the World

Discus and support Distributing Windows Apps to the World in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello from Build 2015 in San Francisco! Earlier today we revealed more details about Windows 10 and the Universal Windows Platform and shared the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Distributing Windows Apps to the World

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-to-the-world/

Brink, Apr 29, 2015

2. 31% revenue generated through Advertising - that's the real power of Win10 apps

MS is including Solitaire with Win10 - why? Over a billion PCs translate into eyeballs, MS can then charge advertisers more.

Distributing Windows Apps to the World [​IMG]

The previous version of Solitaire had other MS apps advertised, but I'm sure that space will be opened up to paying customers. The old billboard mantra "Rent this Space"

Everyone plays Solitaire!

I'm not opposed to the advertising in apps concept, until it becomes intrusive. Either it overshadows the app or consumes resources on my machine.

Network TV has shows on their sites that are supported by advertising, they interrupt the show the same way as if you're watching free TV.

Imagine working on a spreadsheet and all of a sudden a video pops up and shows you the new model vehicle form XYZ car company. As the video plays, it tells you that your app will resume in 30..29..28....2...1 seconds, and then you can continue working on your quarterly sales report.
    *Roflmao2

:)

Slartybart, Apr 30, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    temple run is available for android device with 512 Mb ram but why it is not available for windows phone with 512 MB ram

It is. Give it a few hours as the update gets distributed around the world.

Entegy, Apr 30, 2015
  4. Distributing Windows Apps to the World

How do I transfer/sync a PDF document to a WP7 device?

The PDF Viewer for WP7 is now available for World Wide distribution on the WP7 Marketplace.

dotnetnuzzi, Apr 30, 2015
Thema:

Distributing Windows Apps to the World

1. Distributing Windows Apps to the World - Similar Threads - Distributing Apps World

2. Windows PE Distribution Requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PE Distribution Requirements: Hello.I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a Windows PE ISO.What do I have to do to be able to post the ISO to my website legally, and does anyone have/know where to find specific legal documentation from Microsoft regarding what I...
  3. Distribution Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distribution Groups: Hi,Got Exchange 365,and distribution groups that are: On-premises & in cloudHow to clean distribution groups both type from deleted accounts, and disabled users?Thanks, Gil....
  4. Distribution Groups

Distribution Groups: Hi,Got Exchange 365,and distribution groups that are: On-premises & in cloudHow to clean distribution groups both type from deleted accounts, and disabled users?Thanks, Gil....
  5. Distributing paid Microsoft Store apps to Domain users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Distributing paid Microsoft Store apps to Domain users: Hi,At my organisation we would like to distribute specifically the $0.99 USD ~$1.45AUD HEVC Video Extensions by Microsoft app that is available on the app store to roughly 30 users. We are prepared to buy the appropriate amount of licenses for the users but I am having a lot...
  6. Distributing unlicensed windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Distributing unlicensed windows: Hello. The software solution I am developing needs to be distributed together with the operating system as it's meant for computers that do not usually have any sort of peripherals. The idea is that we would distribute a wim file that has windows 10 + our software. The...
  7. Windows PE Distribution Requirements

Windows PE Distribution Requirements: I have a simple question that doesn't have a simple answer: I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a Windows PE ISO. What do I have to do to be able to post the ISO to my website legally, and does anyone have/know where to find...
  8. The Outer Worlds launches windows app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds launches windows app store: Been playing on The Outer Worlds with no issues for the last couple of weeks. However the game now no longer launches, upon trying to play the game the app opens up the windows gaming services page on the windows app store. It's pretty frustrating not being able to play the...
  9. Distribute updates

Distribute updates: Have a computer with three hard drives installed,all running Windows10 Pro. All the drives are controlled with a shutoff switch. So at any time you can chose a different drive to run, for example Husband,Wife,Son have there own drive. If husband does a windows update,is there...
  10. Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?: Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert from a CA? 64992