Windows 10: Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10

Discus and support Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, guys. So, I'm going through some really upsetting issue in my Windows 10. I'll explain it as much as I can: I have this XBox Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoaoR, Apr 2, 2019.

1. JoaoR Win User

Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10

Hello, guys.

So, I'm going through some really upsetting issue in my Windows 10. I'll explain it as much as I can:

I have this XBox Wireless Controller (One S edition - the one with built-in bluetooth that works on windows 10 without adapter) and an updated Windows 10 notebook from Dell (in case it matters, is this Inspiron 15 Gaming Edition - 7559).

Until recently, I was playing games without any problems. The process, as always, was to simply turn on the XBox controller and wait for windows to connect with it. In worst case scenarios, a quick bluetooth reset or un-pairing the controller and re-pairing it did the work.

But since yesterday I'm not being able to get the controller connected to the PC via Bluetooth - and, worst, the symptoms are getting weirder. So, I'll list them all here and hope really hard that one of you guys should be able to help me:

1. When I open my bluetooth settings, it shows that "Xbox Wireless Controller" is paired - but don't connect, no matter if the controller is turn on or off. [IMAGE] (My PC is in portuguese, don't mind that)
    2. When I remove the paired controller and try to pair it again, it just doesn't show on the list - all I get is some random "unknown devices" sometimes. [IMAGE] (to be clear: I put the controller in sync mode before doing this, holding the BT button for a while)
    3. When I turn my bluetooth off and on again after un-pairing the controller, it ALWAYS, no matter what, seems to reinstall and configure the device all over again. Picture this: You unpair the controller and perform a full power off/on to the computer. As soon as windows boots, the message "We're configuring 'XBox Wireless Controller'" appears [IMAGE], and soon after it reads "'XBox Wireless Controller' is ready for use" [IMAGE]. This message pops up no matter if I tried to pair it, if it's on in sync mode, if it's off, etc. It always reinstalls this specific device. ALWAYS.
      • I tried unpairing my bluetooth phones and doing the same process and nothing unusual happens. Then, I pair my phones normally without issues.
    4. When I run my bluetooth troubleshoot, no issues are detected and my other BT accessories pair and connect normally.
    5. When I try to pair my Xbox Controller with my girlfriend's notebook, IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY as it should, so I believe the problem is not in my controller.
    6. I have tried to update each and every driver, from the bluetooth/wifi board to the wired controller update via XBox Accessories windows 10 app. All uptated, no drive errors, and still the problem persists.
    7. If I connect the controller through an USB cable it works (just while wired) and is shown simply as "Controller", under "Other devices". [IMAGE]

TL;DR

So, in conclusion, I'm probably missing something but I don't remember updating my PC or anything else in the last few days, and since yesterday I'm not being able connect my XBox Controller via bluetooth. However, other bluetooth devices connect normally to my PC and my controller connects normally via bluetooth to other PCs. Also, every time I reset my bluetooth, it seems to reinstall and reconfigure the controller (even when the controller is turned off). I already did check the drivers, the troubleshoots and the most popular help pages - without success.

Do any of you guys know something that might be useful to me? Any insights?

As a last resource, if nothing works I should restore my windows (wich would be tiresome due to gigantic reinstalls and reconfigurations).

Thanks in advance and have a great day! Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10 :)

--

Edit: Formatting

:)

JoaoR, Apr 2, 2019

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10

Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10

1. Disturbing issue with XBox Wireless Controller and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disturbing issue XBox

2. Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one wireless controller weird adapter issue?: The controller works perfectly on my PC, but there's just one issue(see video), sometimes when I start or restart my PC it just keeps disconnecting and connecting. To fix this I just have to pull out the adapter and connect it again. My pc spec is RX 6800, 5600x, TUF GAMING...
  3. Xbox one s wireless controller issue

Xbox one s wireless controller issue: Hi all, not an expert with this stuff and I need some help. My xbox one s controller has just started turning itself off after 5 (or so) seconds, I don't understand why? It has been working fine until yesterday. Has anyone experienced this and what solutions worked for you?...
  4. Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10

Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10: I've just bought the Xbox controller/ wireless adaptor combo, works wired however when connecting the wireless adapter it states "XBOX ACC" with the driver being unavailable; anyone found a workaround? TIA. submitted by /u/ThrilIhaus [link] [comments]...
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter Driver Issues

Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter Driver Issues: For some reason my pc is not recognizing the new adapter fully. It's listed as "XBOX ACC" in the device manager, and cannot find a driver for it. I've done some pretty extensive googling, but it always boils down to manually installing the drivers for it from the Window...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Not Conntecting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Controller Not Conntecting - Windows 10: Hello, I am wondering if I would be able to get help with connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller wirelessly to my PC via bluetooth. I did have a sucessful connection between my PC and controller until I connected my controller to a friends Xbox One. It immediately...
  7. Xbox One Wireless Bluetooth Controller Panning Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Wireless Bluetooth Controller Panning Issue: I'm having an issue with my Xbox One wireless Bluetooth controller. I'm not sure why this started happening, as up until last night it worked fine. What's happening is, say I'm in a game and just holding the controller in my hand. Without touching any of the buttons, the...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller

Xbox Wireless Controller: I have a model 1708 Xbox Wireless Controller. Updated the firmware, and checked the drivers are correct when plugged in using USB. It however will not connect via 1) Bluetooth, add devices 2) Cotrol Panel, Add device submitted by /u/max703862 [link] [comments]...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless adapter controller driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter controller driver issues: Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help into my problem. I'm currently running windows 10, all updates are up to date, but when I try to install the drivers for the wireless adapter via the device manager drivers, it gives me a message saying the drivers have...
  10. Xbox 360 controller wireless adapter issue

Xbox 360 controller wireless adapter issue: I was using the off-brand wireless adapter to use my 360 controllers for videogames. All of a sudden it stopped working. The adapter lights up when I plug it in, and device manager refreshes, but I don't get any 360 controller device or an unknown device to try and find...