Windows 10: "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

Discus and support "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kernmom9, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Kernmom9 Win User

"Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so it is time for us to "part ways". Anyone know how to do this without losing everything?To add into the mix, I'm wanting to switch my computer over to Windows 11, as I bought a tablet for the company with 11, and it just makes sense to me to have everything working the same way. Thanks for the help!

:)

Kernmom9, Nov 26, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 26, 2021
  4. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

"Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

1. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Divorcing seperating Microsoft

2. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  3. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  4. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

"Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  5. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  6. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  7. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  8. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

9. work and seperate personal account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    work and seperate personal account: Can I use apps from my job account on my personal account. My laptop (personal) is listed as a device at my company. My phone is a company phone. Thanks for any helpful answers to this issue...
  10. working with seperate administrator-account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    working with seperate administrator-account: I've got a clean install of Windows 10 pro and I'd like to have a separate Administrator-account for security-reasons. But when I create a separate Admin-accound and leave the at the time of the installation pre-created account without administrative privileges, I can't see...