Windows 10: DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...

Discus and support DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I spent an entire day downloading the ISO file for Windows 8.1 through the mediacreationtool, my Internet connection's very slow so I had to take out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LimboStudios, May 10, 2016.

1. DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...

I spent an entire day downloading the ISO file for Windows 8.1 through the mediacreationtool, my Internet connection's very slow so I had to take out the USB meanwhile and couldn't get the program to recognize it once I plugged it back in.

I want to Factory Reset my computer and it won't let me without a drive/CD with Windows 8.1. What can I do to mitigate this problem? Did the program actually save the file it downloaded somewhere? Can I manually burn it into a USB drive or do I have to download it again? My Laptop's a Samsung notebook and it doesn't have a CD drive so burning the ISO into a DVD's out of the question. Can the ISO be burned into a USB drive without having to download it from mediacreationtool with the drive plugged in?

I really want to reset my computer and I really don't get why Microsoft decided to make it so difficult to do so...

:)

LimboStudios, May 10, 2016

2. Error 0x80070057 when updating in window 10 Anniversary update

I had exact issue and i bet it failed at 2 percent

Running sfc will not resolve it.

Running troubleshooter will not cure it

getting rid of windows.old will not cure it

Go to MS site and downlod the MediaCreationtool application/exe

Run this and select craate for another user. Create either option for create USB or ISO

I took ISO. Once ISO is downloaded just press the iso to dvd

From created dvd run the setup.exe as administrator

Now just sit back and watch the update work

Do not use any other option from the MS site it is bugged as you have probably found out

If you have issues finding the MediaCreationTool then i will send you the link

PaulShenton, May 10, 2016
  3. video tdr failure after upgrade to windows 10

I have downloaded the MediaCreationTool, and choose to Create a media . But there is a new problem, this appeared when I choose the Usb flash and also the ISO too.
    DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB... [​IMG]

VioletWinter, May 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...

LimboStudios,

Suggestion :
    1. Download and save the Win 8.1 ISO file to your computer first.
    2. After download is completed, then burn the iso file to the USB flash drive.

P.S. You have posted to Windows 10 forum.
    Please use this link www.eightforums.com to post your questions.
    Thank you.

davidhk, May 10, 2016
  5. Oh, sorry for that :s didn't really notice.
    Can I ask how do I burn the ISO file to a USB drive? The program only seems to let me burn it to a DVD.

LimboStudios, May 10, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I personally use Windows USB/DVD Download Tool because of its simplicity. ANYONE can use it without problem. I have been using it since Win 7 days up to and including now, Windows 10. That's about 2 years.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...-download-tool

There are other programs doing the same job, such as :
    Imgburn
    Rufus.

davidhk, May 10, 2016
  7. Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB...

1. DL'd ISO through mediacreationtool but it didn't recognize the USB... - Similar Threads - DL'd ISO through

2. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  3. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  4. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  5. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  6. Input Devices Not Recognized through Certain USB Ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Input Devices Not Recognized through Certain USB Ports: My desktop has randomly stopped recognizing any input devices plugged into a top bank of 4 USB ports, one of which is USB 3.0 and another two which are SS ports. The six on the rear of the case work fine. These ports work fine with USB flash drives, external harddrives, and...
  7. ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool: My Windows version is V1903 OS Build 18362.476; at least reported by winver? Windows Update V1909/KB4517245 trashed my system. Oh well. I want to download an ISO so I can initiate a repair. The problem is I need to know if the ISO I have is good. I think its wonderful...
  8. MediaCreationTool on USB

MediaCreationTool on USB: My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there. However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says...
  9. Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?

Where does the mediaCreationTool save the downloaded iso?: Hey guys, this is my first post here. And I pretty much made an account to stress this issue that I have right now. Ok, so I chose to upgrade my PC through the mediaCreationTool and waited for the download to finish. A few minutes later it was checking for updates. Then...
  10. MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool: Hi, I downloaded this client and it started to download the windows, after its finished i burn the ISO on the DVD and tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 then I got this error : use the other installation disc that says 64 bit...... i`m sure that i downloaded 64 bit version....