Windows 10: .dll file issues

Discus and support .dll file issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone Since the last windows Update i have issues with some .dll files. Most important is, that the steamUI.dll cant be found, so i cant use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chi_TheReal, Nov 18, 2019.

1. .dll file issues

Hello everyone Since the last windows Update i have issues with some .dll files. Most important is, that the steamUI.dll cant be found, so i cant use steam. I already reinstalled the dll and also steam but its not working. Does anybody else have the same issue as me, or does anyone knows how I can fix it?

submitted by /u/Chi_TheReal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chi_TheReal, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

.dll file issues

dll file not found after Creator's Update, Code Execution Cannot Proceed

Hi Aberfoyle,

It is possible that the
    .dll file was corrupted during the update causing the error to occur.
    To better assist you, kindly find the
    .dll file
    in
    c:\Windows\System32. If you can find the
    .dll file, it means that we need to
    register
    your
    .dll file
    to your
    Operating System
    for it to
    work. To do this, we need to
    unregister
    the
    .dll file
    first and
    re-register
    it. Here are the steps on how to do so:

To unregister the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

To re-register the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

If you cannot find the
    .dll
    file in
    c:\Windows\System32,
    kindly run these methods of troubleshooting
    so that we will know if the issue is within/not within the
    Operating System:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice
    and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot
    will
    stop or disable
    the
    applications
    that are running in your
    computer's background.
    To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

After performing these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and still the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

.dll file issues

1. .dll file issues - Similar Threads - dll file issues

2. .dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  3. .dll files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  4. .dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DLL File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DLL File: Please Help me with this issue. I'm unable to use the internet but when I ping from cmd I can get access to the internet but when I browse internet is not accessable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file/fc38dc01-ca1e-4cde-806a-d40d090ab354
  6. DLL file

DLL file: Hi Recently, I found a msdia80.dll file of Sept'05 in my data partition D: drive while windows and other programmes are installed on C: drive. To the best of knowledge and memory, it wasn't there before. When I checked this forum for solution, I found that such a file should...
  7. dll files

dll files: when i try to load a game it says that im missing 2 dll files. One is labeled vcruntime140.dll and the other is labeled msvcp140.dll How do i fix this to where it doesnt say that....
  8. d3d11.dll Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    d3d11.dll Issue: Hello, I was trying to run an program on Windows 10, and it's giving me an error: "Could not load d3d11.dll". Troubleshooting steps I have taken so far: Installed the latest version of Microsoft DirextX - downloaded from Microsoft website Installed all the updates from...
  9. DLL Files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DLL Files?: Hello there! I am currently having a problem in BFV (Battlefield 5) where i need to update my AMD drivers. I am unable to because when i do update my drivers my entire computer lags when i try to do something . I am not trying to talk about BFV but i am trying to see where i...
  10. Msvcr100.dll issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msvcr100.dll issue: Recenty i got a little problem with my vcredist Everytime i try to play my games (PointBlank.exe), the game won't run if my SysWOW64 folder has msvcr100.dll in it (and there's no error message appear on my screen", just like forced to close). but if i remove the...