Windows 10: DLL. Icon file replacing

Discus and support DLL. Icon file replacing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, i have a question about MS Visual Studio and DLL. files. i have a handful of original, straight from the files, Windows XP application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robin C. K., Apr 17, 2020.

1. DLL. Icon file replacing

Hello all, i have a question about MS Visual Studio and DLL. files. i have a handful of original, straight from the files, Windows XP application icons. i googled around a little and found where they were stored on Win10. is there a quick and easy way or just basically a way to replace swap out one of the icons from the imageres.dll file using MS Visual Studio with one of the WinXP icons? im going for a nostalgic Windows XP experience so if anyone has a File Explorer for Windows 10 that looks like XP, make sure to link it! maybe with instructions too DLL. Icon file replacing :p Thank you for reading and any helpful tips you may give me!

-Robin

:)

Robin C. K., Apr 17, 2020

2. *.dll files associated with other file in Windows7

Yes the icon. No instability noticed at all, however I still can't get my "gadgets" to work, and they have a .dll file.

TechnicalFreak, Apr 17, 2020
  3. how can i replace a system dll file

hi i change a few of vista tool bars color, i need to replace a dll file but it always in use any way of doing this?

Live OR Die, Apr 17, 2020
  4. DLL. Icon file replacing

DLL Files containing icons

I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T
    hold icons, and whose names make no sense whatever (the names of the icon-containing DLL's also make no sense whatever).

You'd think that common sense would require a unique folder (like "Icon Holders") into which the icon-containing DLL's would be held. But common sense doesn't seem to be relevant here. I've tried creating the folder I envision(in
    the "system32" folder and putting copies of the icon-holding files into it. But when I go into the "change icon" procedure and browse to one of the relevant DLL files, I get a message informing me that the file in question contains no icons.

This is simply insane; why does this happen? putting a copy of a file into another folder should not change it.

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

DLL. Icon file replacing

1. DLL. Icon file replacing - Similar Threads - DLL Icon file

2. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  3. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  4. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DLL file corrupt? Cannot manually copy replacement fwpuclnt.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL file corrupt? Cannot manually copy replacement fwpuclnt.dll: Hello,Yesterday I couldn't open image files with my app, some could. Today I got tons of error windows complaining about fwpuclnt.dll. Found a replacement file and of course wonderful windows will not allow me to copy the new file in using a command window as...
  6. DLL file corrupt? Cannot manually copy replacement fwpuclnt.dll

DLL file corrupt? Cannot manually copy replacement fwpuclnt.dll: Hello,Yesterday I couldn't open image files with my app, some could. Today I got tons of error windows complaining about fwpuclnt.dll. Found a replacement file and of course wonderful windows will not allow me to copy the new file in using a command window as...
  7. DLL file corrupt? Cannot manually copy replacement fwpuclnt.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Is there a way to replace this icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace this icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SERISET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqilj1/is_there_a_way_to_replace_this_icon/
  9. What's the dll file for "general icons" in Customizer God?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the dll file for "general icons" in Customizer God?: I think the title says all but if you need more info just ask :) I'm on windows 10 1903 155044
  10. DLL Files containing icons

DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...