Windows 10: DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications.

Discus and support DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When I tried opening certain applications a popup with the message- cannot open application 0xc00007b error gets displayed. Certain .exe files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scarokx12, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Scarokx12 Win User

DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications.

Hello,

When I tried opening certain applications a popup with the message- cannot open application 0xc00007b error gets displayed. Certain .exe files the error message is regarding missing dll files. I am unable to reset windows, run a sfc scan or update windows. Could you help me with a solution please?

Regards.

:)

Scarokx12, Nov 19, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 19, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 19, 2020
  4. DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications.

Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications.

1. DLL missing error, fails to update windows as well as open certain applications. - Similar Threads - DLL missing error

2. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  3. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  4. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error msvcr120.dll and mscvcr140.dll is missing

Error msvcr120.dll and mscvcr140.dll is missing: Please someone help me with my issue with FIFA 20 cuz when I open it it says my computer doesn't have msvcr140.dll and msvcr120.dll please reinstall. I have tried many methods but nothing helps....
  6. Problem opening certain applications.

Problem opening certain applications.: Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows Installer which is used to download other apps. It opens, works for a few seconds, freezes then closes. Does anybody have a fix for...
  7. cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant open application because of missing "VCRUNTIME140.dll" file: Ive been trying to figure out how to fix this because I never seemed to have this problem before until I went to update my game, but as soon as I try to open the application I get a pop up saying missing VCRUNTIME140.dll file please reinstall and open again. But when I go...
  8. Missing title bar on certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing title bar on certain applications: Recently, I've lost the title bar on some applications such as Notepad++ and Atom. I've tried reinstalling them, putting them into fullscreen with F11 and "post-it mode" for Notepad++ using F12 and I'm not in tablet mode. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909, latest Nvidia...
  9. DLL Missing error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL Missing error: I have the latest Directx installed on my laptop. Still it says dll files missing. Shouldn't directx automatically solve this? Need steam_api64r.dll for COD Black Ops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-missing-error/39734f7f-75a8-448d-85c6-0ce99800a60b
  10. Missing dll error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll error: [IMG]Every time my laptop boots up, I get this error. I have also noticed that System32 appeared in my frequent folders, even I have not been in System32 recently. Should I be concerned? If this is an important dll, can someone provide a download? I honestly have no idea how...