Windows 10: .dll Missing files for creative cloud?

Discus and support .dll Missing files for creative cloud? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Og_Memeo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Og_Memeo Win User

.dll Missing files for creative cloud?

the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found.

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.

Both these messages have popped up when I try to open adobe creative cloud- I have uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my laptop, scanned it not sure if that would do anything and have searched through other files to look for them. I've looked online about it but am still having difficulty on this.

This laptop is new and has mcafee antivirus on it if that helps with whats going on? I'm just worried because I've read that it may slow down my laptop and I obviously don't want that to happen. Please help!!

:)

Og_Memeo, Jan 12, 2021
  2. PUN
    pun Win User

How to remove "Creative Cloud Files" from File Explorer address bar

Does any one know how to remove this Creative Cloud Files option after uninstalling Creative Cloud app from Windows 10

.dll Missing files for creative cloud? UcokJ.png

Additional info :

1. This folder does not exist as I deleted C:\username\Creative Cloud Files after uninstallation
    2. This is not from File Explorer address bar history
    3. I've already tried clearing address bar history
    4. I've reinstalled and used Official Uninstallers [ 1 ] & [ 2 ]
    5. Suggestions about removing Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer Side Bar does not resolve this

I can't tell if this problem exist in other user account but i don't want to use that either.

Any hints or suggestions ?

Update

After much digging around & hints from @DrMoishe Pippik, I have reached another dead end.

If I go to %USERPROFILE%\Links there are two links Desktop & Downloads

Going inside Desktop, it shows me Creative Cloud Files but I cannot delete it as Delete option is not there and Unlocker could not delete/rename it

.dll Missing files for creative cloud? TzICY.png

Hence the problem now becomes :

1. I cannot cannot access this file from command prompt as its link inside link. Weirdly I cannot find this in dir /al /s c:\ > c: either
    2. I cannot change its permission as it shows the error below. Safe mode doesn't allow that either

.dll Missing files for creative cloud? ju1ua.jpg

Update

Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDes‌​criptions as requested by @harrymc can be found below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion - Pastebin.com

Screenshot of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace which didn't point to anything important either

.dll Missing files for creative cloud? Klfan.png

3. creative cloud file on left panel

I uninstalled Creative Cloud but the 'Creative Cloud Files' link remains in the Windows Explorer navigation panel (on the left), how can I get rid of this..? I am using windows 10.. I also tried adobe creative cloud cleaner tool and after that I deleted
    "creative cloud " folder from users but still it remains..please help.

ArjeetGhosh, Jan 12, 2021
  4. .dll Missing files for creative cloud?

Apex legends and creative cloud

Hello, I, in general, am a mac user. My mac mini from 2012 got old and slow, and i am into gaming. I got a windows ten pc from best buy, and creative cloud tells me that it cant be opened because some dll file was missing, and i tried to open apex legends,
    but i got this error saying "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I looked online, i found nothing. Someone please help.

zeznickgames, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

.dll Missing files for creative cloud?

1. .dll Missing files for creative cloud? - Similar Threads - dll Missing files

2. How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder: I am no longer a member of Adobe Creative Cloud community, and suddenly, I just can't delete this folder from my PC. Is there an easy way to get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  3. How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Permanently Delete the Creative Cloud Files folder: I am no longer a member of Adobe Creative Cloud community, and suddenly, I just can't delete this folder from my PC. Is there an easy way to get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated!...
  4. Adobe Creative Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe's Creative Cloud application no longer fully loads. It stalls after opening and while it's trying to find my Adobe apps, then posts a suggestion to relaunch it, so I do and nothing happens. I contacted Adobe support and they took over my computer to run some tests,...
  5. Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe's Creative Cloud application no longer fully loads. It stalls after opening and while it's trying to find my Adobe apps, then posts a suggestion to relaunch it, so I do and nothing happens. I contacted Adobe support and they took over my computer to run some tests,...
  6. Creative Cloud Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creative Cloud Install: I am trying to install the CC Desktop App. It works until it gets to 50.5% and then it stops. It gives no error message or anything. I have tried to reinstall and repair it, but the same thing always happens. Not sure what to do, any thoughts? submitted by /u/Shmoozing...
  7. Creative Cloud Irritation & Confusion

Creative Cloud Irritation & Confusion: I updated the Lightroom Classic Creative Cloud program last week and a few days after noticed I was out of disk space on my (C:) drive. Could I have duplicated this huge file somehow? I read in an Adobe forum; if I had it would say "unknown" after Creative Cloud. The attached...
  8. Apex legends and creative cloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apex legends and creative cloud: Hello, I, in general, am a mac user. My mac mini from 2012 got old and slow, and i am into gaming. I got a windows ten pc from best buy, and creative cloud tells me that it cant be opened because some dll file was missing, and i tried to open apex legends, but i got this...
  9. Uninstalling the Adobe creative cloud and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling the Adobe creative cloud and files: Somehow adobe creative cloud and friends are taking over my computer... I have window 10... I tried several techniques to uninstall and get comes back stronger.. How can I uninstall windows with all updates and reinstall it to get rid of adobe?...
  10. Creative Cloud on the Surface Go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creative Cloud on the Surface Go: I recently bought a Surface Go specifically to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for my digital art. I have seen reviews of other people using the applications on their surface go, but there doesn't appear to be any way for me to download it onto my device. Any time I try,...