Windows 10: DLL not working

Discus and support DLL not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A while ago I updated me pc to a newer version of windows 10 because it said my current type of windows 10 would stop getting support or something next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Therealbean, Jan 12, 2020.

1. DLL not working

A while ago I updated me pc to a newer version of windows 10 because it said my current type of windows 10 would stop getting support or something next to my icons in the bottom left. Recently I tried to play a game which used msvcr120.dll to run, and it didn't start. It said that the dll was 'either not designed to run on widows or it contains an error'. I did play the game very close to the update and it worked fine before. After the update it was broken but I hoped that it would be corrected in a later update but at this point it has been about half a year and nothing has changed and I don't know what to do. I have looked online but no-one seems to have the same error as me. The error code is 0xc000012f.

:)

Therealbean, Jan 12, 2020

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jan 12, 2020
  3. dll's work once then not

Hello,

System file corruption can cause issues with .dll files on your computer. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your PC and see if the same issues will occur on a new user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, please get back to us with the results.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 12, 2020
  4. b1rd Win User

DLL not working

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

DLL not working [​IMG]

Thema:

DLL not working

1. DLL not working - Similar Threads - DLL working

2. Clip Studio Paint doesn't work, file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clip Studio Paint doesn't work, file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing,...: My Clip Studio Paint just won't work. It shows that file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing, but it is in the CSP folder and in my Windows folders, where they should be, so I don't understand why it won't work, everything seems alright....
  3. Clip Studio Paint doesn't work, file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clip Studio Paint doesn't work, file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing,...: My Clip Studio Paint just won't work. It shows that file api-ms-win-core-winrt-string-l1-1-0.dll is missing, but it is in the CSP folder and in my Windows folders, where they should be, so I don't understand why it won't work, everything seems alright....
  4. Multiple .dll not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple .dll not working after update: After an interrupted update, I have been unable to continue the update/start several programmesIt ends up with this message but since then upon trying to open many of my programmes/apps i recieve theses messagesC:\windows\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll is either not designed to...
  5. Multiple .dll not working after update

Multiple .dll not working after update: After an interrupted update, I have been unable to continue the update/start several programmesIt ends up with this message but since then upon trying to open many of my programmes/apps i recieve theses messagesC:\windows\SYSTEM32\kernel.appcore.dll is either not designed to...
  6. Multiple .dll not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I did a Windows recovery due to a DLL problem and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I did a Windows recovery due to a DLL problem and now nothing works: I have no idea for some reason, I just can't open Steam or any other launcher because of a DLL issue, so I recover my Windows after recovery, my Windows is not working as it should, nothing opens when it opens is slow. I NEED HELP, I have no idea what's going on if it's HD or...
  8. I did a Windows recovery due to a DLL problem and now nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a Windows recovery due to a DLL problem and now nothing works: I have no idea for some reason, I just can't open Steam or any other launcher because of a DLL issue, so I recover my Windows after recovery, my Windows is not working as it should, nothing opens when it opens is slow. I NEED HELP, I have no idea what's going on if it's HD or...
  9. I did a Windows recovery due to a DLL problem and now nothing works

10. i have a .dll file and it wont delete ive tried what you guys have said but it doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a .dll file and it wont delete ive tried what you guys have said but it doesnt work.: i have a .dll file and it wont delete ive tried what you guys have said but it doesnt work. please answer in a timely manor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dll-file-and-it-wont-delete-ive-tried/213f214a-ef8f-444c-9478-9a96549ab4a8