Windows 10: Dllhost.exe

Discus and support Dllhost.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Nowadays, I am observing an issue in my pc [windows10, version 1903]. When I turn on my pc, at the beginning of my screen's setting up, a command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abid33, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Abid33 Win User

Dllhost.exe

Nowadays, I am observing an issue in my pc [windows10, version 1903]. When I turn on my pc, at the beginning of my screen's setting up, a command prompt dialog box comes up and it stays for 1-2 seconds and gone!! At it's title bar, it is written that App data roaming/user..... something like that which ends with Dllhost.exe. At that box, some 3-4 line coding creates automatically before the box is gone. I don't understand the issue. Is it a serious problem?

:)

Abid33, Jul 23, 2020

2. Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe

Hi Monica,

Dllhost.exe errors can be attributed to corrupt or missing files, invalid registry entries associated with dllhost.exe, or a virus / malware infection. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe

Thank you, for your help, but it was McaAfee and I reset the Microsoft Edge

monicamc56, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Dllhost.exe

dllhost.exe

Hi Bill,

Dllhost.exe error often occurs due to uninstalled Windows updates, invalid registry entries, damaged or corrupted Dllhost.exe files or other files related to it. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• Can you send us a
      screenshot
      of the exact error that you have encountered?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system configuration prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC)
    tools to repair missing or corrupted system files. As what stated on the article, you will need to run the DISM tool prior to running SFC tool.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Dllhost.exe

1. Dllhost.exe - Similar Threads - Dllhost exe

2. Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some errors with my pc, bluescreen with rtf64x64.sys error, hundreds rundll32.exe tasks...: As month ago, I started getting bluescreens everytime I open my pc its a good one and new pc, and recently rebooted. Every time it gets the bluescreen on start, then it restarts and opens correctly. Also I started noticing that the task manager is low, opens in 5 to 10...
  3. Dllhost keeps sending me error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dllhost keeps sending me error messages: Hello,I get an error message every 5 minutes saying "Windows can't find 'some chinese stuff'. Make sure you entered the correct name, then try again." This makes me quit some apps/games, I found out it comes from a file named Dllhost.exe or Com Surrogate.exe. I haven't found...
  4. Dllhost keeps sending me error messages

Dllhost keeps sending me error messages: Hello,I get an error message every 5 minutes saying "Windows can't find 'some chinese stuff'. Make sure you entered the correct name, then try again." This makes me quit some apps/games, I found out it comes from a file named Dllhost.exe or Com Surrogate.exe. I haven't found...
  5. When there are more than about a dozen items in Desktop, I continually get dllhost errors.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When there are more than about a dozen items in Desktop, I continually get dllhost errors.: I don't know whether this actually changes anything, but in the past I've had the location of Desktop be a different drive than the default. I had it this way on this system for two years and have done in on my older system for at least 8. When I started having these issues...
  6. When there are more than about a dozen items in Desktop, I continually get dllhost errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When there are more than about a dozen items in Desktop, I continually get dllhost errors.: I don't know whether this actually changes anything, but in the past I've had the location of Desktop be a different drive than the default. I had it this way on this system for two years and have done in on my older system for at least 8. When I started having these issues...
  7. When there are more than about a dozen items in Desktop, I continually get dllhost errors.

8. Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word, DllHost and Com Surrogate continually stop working: I have Windows 10 2H20 + Office 365 64 bit. I have a system drive C and a data drive D. Windows update not showing any new updates Today I have well over a dozen instances. Apart from Word I only see events from the Reliability history. Word starts, I can open files from...
  9. what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is dllhost? It has popped up on 2 sites now: Just wondering what the heck is dllhost on win10 and I just updated my stuff on my PC It just randomly popped up as I was looking at a Reddit article 2x Do I need to update something? Please help...
  10. Strange performance problem with dllhost related to EDP?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange performance problem with dllhost related to EDP?: I've had a problem on one of my Windows 10 PCs for a while where the CPU usage spikes when you open the start menu, causing a considerable slowdown which continues for quite a long time afterwards. I'd assumed it was a problem with SearchUI.exe as that seemed to be using a...