Windows 10: DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders

Discus and support DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I am having a problem with a windows media streaming service. All devices can see and access the libraries, but they appear to be empty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karanak, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Karanak Win User

DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders

Hello guys,

I am having a problem with a windows media streaming service. All devices can see and access the libraries, but they appear to be empty.
    After some troubleshooting i found out, that only libraries, which are in their default locations C:\Users\%username%\... are showing up files inside.

I moved most of my libraries movies, photos, music to other disk, as i like it more organised and its more convenient for me when reinstalling my system.
    All the files inside those folders are visible in my local Windows Media Player and are playable without issues. I tried to rebuild the WMP database, but with no luck.

Last thing i did was that i added those moved folders to be indexed.

I'm stuck at this point

Thax for reply

:)

Karanak, Apr 20, 2020

2. Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Tips for media sharing/streaming

I'm not very familiar with the terms upon server and xmbc... Care to educate me a little

Also I've finally found something that seems to allow me to stream my mkv files straight to my tv with less hassle. Found that there are mutilate dlna servers out there (other than Microsoft Windows media server)

Si I've installed the ps3 media server which seems to work fine BUT I've encountered a small problem. I have a trilogy of movies in one folder. I moved 2 of the movies to another folder and then back to that folder. The 2 "moved and moved back movie files don't show up in the server whereas the movie that did not move does. As if moving then messed something up. When I click on file properties on the moved ones I can see their" file location " has been messed up. Says" users/Jonathan/down~har~"...

With those "~" weird symbols showing up which don't show up for most my other files

jonathan1107, Apr 20, 2020
  4. BeRobee Win User

Media Player DLNA show metadata

Dear Microsoft,

Can you help me,

Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name.

Thank you

BeRobee, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders - Similar Threads - DLNA Media Sharing

2. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  3. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  4. Windows Media Player DLNA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  5. Windows Media Player DLNA

Windows Media Player DLNA: HelloHow do I remove or disable the media player dynamic/automatic video folder structure such as video genre or video actor categories. today my structure is:-Videos -Video Genre -Video Actors -Series -Classification -Folders - Movies -Recorded tvWhat I want it to look like...
  6. DLNA Folders disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLNA Folders disappeared: I have had a DLNA media server set up on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of years. A few days ago my folders disappeared from view. I can see my video files, but just all clumped together. When I look for my folders, they are gone. Files are visible, but folders are gone. I...
  7. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  8. Folder being Shared but file and media sharing is off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder being Shared but file and media sharing is off: So I've had file and media sharing turned off for a long time. I typically run one computer and turn off all of that just for security reasons. I don't feel the need to be a networking guru so I always just keep all sharing turned off. Today I stumbled across a problem. My...
  9. Media Player DLNA show metadata

Media Player DLNA show metadata: Dear Microsoft, Can you help me, Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name. Thank you...
  10. DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files

DLNA Media Servers and serving Cloud Files: Hello. Have never posted here before, and if my question is silly or obvious, I apologize, but have no expertise in many of these subjects. I have an Aluratek Radio wifi device. It is capable of playing streaming media from a DLNA media server. I use it to play music...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why some of my videos showing up in dlna and not all

2. windows 10 dlna empty folders

3. files:not showing up:in media server

4. file not.showing media sharing,
  5. win10 dlna not showing files