Windows 10: DMA Devices?

Discus and support DMA Devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to "System Information" and expand the "Hardware Resources" tab and then click "DMA" (Direct Memory Access), the panel that lists the devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Signalman, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Signalman Win User

DMA Devices?

When I go to "System Information" and expand the "Hardware Resources" tab and then click "DMA" (Direct Memory Access), the panel that lists the devices is blank, i.e. no devices are shown.

Since my hdd, ssd, NIC, sound card etc. normally are supposed to use DMA, I'm not sure why I'm not seeing them listed.

I checked Device Manager but there doesn't appear to be any way to verify if DMA is being utilized. I recall in prior versions of Windows, Device Manager would display a check box in one of the tabs for a specific device, that would indicate if DMA was active, but I don't see this feature in Windows 10.

Is there any other way to verify whether or not devices on my computer are utilizing DMA?

Thanks.

Bob

:)

Signalman, Aug 12, 2018
  2. fredde Win User

Dma ?

On my sys. (sys. listed), how do I enable or disable DMA on my Sata drives? I have a Sumsung SH-S203b Dvd recorder (sata) and in the Nero info tool I get a warning that DMA is disabled on this drive. On my old sys. (P4C800-E Deluxe) the Intel raid driver software provided control of dma. On the P5K Deluxe where do I find the drive settings (DMA or PIO) and how would I change them?

Thank You.

fredde, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DMA controller

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

If you enable DMA for some reason if there is a problem with the hardware or drivers, DMA can malfunction and lead to hardware failure. So you may consider need to disable DMA.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

DMA Devices?

Dma ?

If it's being used as a true SATA drive, you don't have to set it for DMA. It's already using it. Nero is misreading.

Wile E, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

DMA Devices?

1. DMA Devices? - Similar Threads - DMA Devices

2. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32]I'm trying to get Virtualization-based security measures implemented but I get the above error message.I have: Window 10 ProI have disabled BitLocker automatic device encryption, plus turned it...
  3. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32]I'm trying to get Virtualization-based security measures implemented but I get the above error message.I have: Window 10 ProI have disabled BitLocker automatic device encryption, plus turned it...
  4. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...: Hello,I am trying to enable Bitlocker encryption on some of my drives. However, I am running into some problems. When I try to turn on Bitlocker in my settings, I get the "Failed to open the BitLocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005" message. I went into my system...
  6. Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...

Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...: Hello,I am trying to enable Bitlocker encryption on some of my drives. However, I am running into some problems. When I try to turn on Bitlocker in my settings, I get the "Failed to open the BitLocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005" message. I went into my system...
  7. Will "Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected" issue with Windows Home Device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected" issue with Windows Home Device...: Hi All,I have found that I can't enable Windows Device Encryption on my desktop due to the following issue""Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected". There is a registry workaround, but I think this may leave the machine open to a DMA attack, If I upgrade to Pro and use...
  8. Will "Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected" issue with Windows Home Device...

Will "Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected" issue with Windows Home Device...: Hi All,I have found that I can't enable Windows Device Encryption on my desktop due to the following issue""Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected". There is a registry workaround, but I think this may leave the machine open to a DMA attack, If I upgrade to Pro and use...
  9. Enabled the "DMA remapping" for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabled the "DMA remapping" for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA...: Hi, I have enabled the DMA remapping for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA violation" error whenever I try to perform any DMA transactions. I have updated the UEFI firmware. The DMA Kernel Protection is ON. The driver shows "DMA remapping policy"...
  10. Enabled the "DMA remapping" for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabled the "DMA remapping" for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA...: Hi, I have enabled the DMA remapping for my device driver but I still get the "IOMMU detected DMA violation" error whenever I try to perform any DMA transactions. I have updated the UEFI firmware. The DMA Kernel Protection is ON. The driver shows "DMA remapping policy"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DmaGuard.admx

2. DMA devices

3. dma allowed devices

4. how to disable dma-controller in windows 2012 ,
  5. Disable new DMA devices when this computer is locked,
  6. how do you disable dma in windows 10 under device manager,
  7. bitlocker microsoft endpoint manager un-allowed dma automatic device encryption,
  8. how to disable new dma devices when this computer is locked,
  9. finding dma capable devices,
  10. disable new dma devices when computer is locked,
  11. dma in device manager,
  12. dma windows10,
  13. in device manager it says 4 dma,
  14. can be used to view device irq and dma settings,
  15. list dma devices windows