Windows 10: DMA Information is blank in System Information

Discus and support DMA Information is blank in System Information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc with Win10 v1803 and noticed that under System Information/Hardware Resources/DMA there is nothing shown in the right pane. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Sep 25, 2018.

1. DMA Information is blank in System Information

I have a desktop pc with Win10 v1803 and noticed that under System Information/Hardware Resources/DMA there is nothing shown in the right pane.

On my laptop also running the same version of Windows 10 has the DMA information

:)

win10freak, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Signalman Win User

DMA Devices?

When I go to "System Information" and expand the "Hardware Resources" tab and then click "DMA" (Direct Memory Access), the panel that lists the devices is blank, i.e. no devices are shown.

Since my hdd, ssd, NIC, sound card etc. normally are supposed to use DMA, I'm not sure why I'm not seeing them listed.

I checked Device Manager but there doesn't appear to be any way to verify if DMA is being utilized. I recall in prior versions of Windows, Device Manager would display a check box in one of the tabs for a specific device, that would indicate if DMA was active, but I don't see this feature in Windows 10.

Is there any other way to verify whether or not devices on my computer are utilizing DMA?

Thanks.

Bob

Signalman, Sep 25, 2018
  3. DMA Devices?

The "DMA" in System Information likely refers to the legacy ISA DMA controller which had a limited number of channels that could be assigned to devices.

Every PCI (and PCIe) device can bus master and access system memory on its own. Therefore there's no separate controller or assignment of DMA resources needed.

PolarNettles, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

DMA Information is blank in System Information

DMA controller

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

If you enable DMA for some reason if there is a problem with the hardware or drivers, DMA can malfunction and lead to hardware failure. So you may consider need to disable DMA.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

DMA Information is blank in System Information

1. DMA Information is blank in System Information - Similar Threads - DMA Information blank

2. system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  3. system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  4. system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  6. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  7. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  8. System Information App Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information App Can't Collect Information: Whenever I try to open the System Information app in Windows 10 21H1, it shows that it can't collect information about my PC. Why does it happen and how do I fix this?Note: I am a standard user....
  9. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  10. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system dma controller

2. system information dma

3. system information no dma controller