Windows 10: DMCA rules updated to give security experts legal backing to research

Discus and support DMCA rules updated to give security experts legal backing to research in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's taken years, but finally, cybersecurity professionals have been given license to reverse engineer technology. The US government have updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

DMCA rules updated to give security experts legal backing to research

Read more: US DMCA rules updated to give security experts legal backing to research | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Oct 30, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Slipstreaming from the point of legality

But here is official MS forums or am I wrong? So the professionals of this site should know this, even they don't have to answer, but they have to know. Aren't the rules created by MS and do not the professionals know those rules?

This is a peer-to-peer community with little to no participation from direct Microsoft employees. If I want legal advice, I ask a lawyer. If I want computer advice, I ask a computer expert. Lawyer Computer tech.

JimWynne, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Is it possible to roll back to old firmware?

You need an expert to roll back the firmware. It is complex to do but it is possible. You cannot do it by any legal means.... (ie, NSC and NSU will not do it for you)

Z.

zardoz---01, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

*ThumbsHopefully other countries will follow suit.

Cliff S, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

1. DMCA rules updated to give security experts legal backing to research - Similar Threads - DMCA rules updated

2. Security researchers bypass Windows Hello fingerprint authentication

in Windows 10 News
    Security researchers bypass Windows Hello fingerprint authentication: Security researchers at Blackwing Intelligence managed to bypass Windows Hello fingerprint authentication on devices with the three most used fingerprint sensors on Windows. The researchers were asked by Microsoft's Offensive Research and Security Engineering to evaluate...
  3. Is it legal to give product key to another person?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to give product key to another person?: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro retail package directly from Microsoft in 2015. Package contents include a USB 3.0 drive, a card imprinted with a product key, and instructions. I am currently using Windows 11 Pro that is activated with a digital license. The Windows 11 Pro was...
  4. Is it legal to give product key to another person?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it legal to give product key to another person?: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro retail package directly from Microsoft in 2015. Package contents include a USB 3.0 drive, a card imprinted with a product key, and instructions. I am currently using Windows 11 Pro that is activated with a digital license. The Windows 11 Pro was...
  5. Not an expert!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not an expert!: I have a HP laptop that is connected automatically to an unknown network. The unknown net work has set up parental controls. Laptop,phones, Ruku, Xbox , everything! I need help! I already did F11 restart and found my system32 in my x drive. Needless to say it didn’t work....
  6. MSRC Recognizing Security Researchers in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    MSRC Recognizing Security Researchers in 2020: Is it too early to talk about the 2020 MSRC Most Valuable Security Researchers? Five months from now, at the end of June, the program period closes for researchers to be considered for inclusion in the Most Valuable Researchers list. The top researcher list will be revealed...
  7. Announcing 2019 MSRC Most Valuable Security Researchers

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing 2019 MSRC Most Valuable Security Researchers: Earlier today we announced MSRC’s 2018-2019 Most Valuable Security Researchers at Black Hat. The following 75 researchers hail from all corners of the world and possess varied experience and skills, yet all of them have contributed to securing the Microsoft’s customers and...
  8. Security researcher pleads guilty to hacking into MSFT and Nintendo.

in Windows 10 News
    Security researcher pleads guilty to hacking into MSFT and Nintendo.: "A 24-year-old security researcher narrowly avoided prison today, after admitting to hacking into Microsoft and Nintendo servers and stealing confidential information. Zammis Clark, known online as Slipstream or Raylee, was charged on multiple counts of computer misuse...
  9. Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?: I want to enable Secure Boot, but there is another option under the Secure Boot menu within the UEFI firmware section that I don't know what it means and my question is, should I enable the Expert Key Management options as well when enabling Secure Boot? 101207
  10. MSRC 2017 list of Top 100 security researchers

in Windows 10 News
    MSRC 2017 list of Top 100 security researchers: Security researchers play an essential role in Microsoft’s security strategy and are key to community-based defense. To show our appreciation for their hard work and partnership, each year at BlackHat North America, the Microsoft Security Response Center highlights...