Windows 10: DNS address could not be found

Discus and support DNS address could not be found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Afternoon,I am having a problem with maintaining my connection to the internet and am struggling to narrow down the issue. I am currently running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AWilson690, Oct 18, 2021.

1. DNS address could not be found

Good Afternoon,I am having a problem with maintaining my connection to the internet and am struggling to narrow down the issue. I am currently running Windows 10 version 21H1.The issue that i am having is that on a daily basis i will be surfing the internet or watching a movie and suddenly the internet will stop and a message will appear stating "DNS address could not be found..." It is happening on multiple website and will last from 2 to 30 minutes. I have tried running the diagnostic program which does not help, disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi signal, switching to an ethernet cab

:)

AWilson690, Oct 18, 2021

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS address could not be found [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS address could not be found [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Oct 18, 2021
  3. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Rhyseh Win User

DNS address could not be found

faster dns?

You've just had two pages of network professionals explaining to you that a DNS will not affect your gaming performance..... and now you can add another one to the list.

Think of DNS as an address book. All it does is tell you the address of a location, it doesn't tell you how to get there and has no impact on how fast you get there.... A faster DNS may increase how quickly you get this address, however this lookup will only be done once. After that it's up to your ISP to decide the best route for you to get there.

Rhyseh, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

DNS address could not be found

1. DNS address could not be found - Similar Threads - DNS address found

2. DNS Addres Could Not Be Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Addres Could Not Be Found: I'm having an issue where I can't connect to the internet through a wifi point on my laptop using windows 10, but I can connect to the internet on my phone using the same wifi point.I've tried Chrome and Edge. I've cleared my cache and cookies. I've flushed DNS, released and...
  3. DNS Addres Could Not Be Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Addres Could Not Be Found: I'm having an issue where I can't connect to the internet through a wifi point on my laptop using windows 10, but I can connect to the internet on my phone using the same wifi point.I've tried Chrome and Edge. I've cleared my cache and cookies. I've flushed DNS, released and...
  4. DNS Addres Could Not Be Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS address could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS address could not be found: Good Afternoon,I am having a problem with maintaining my connection to the internet and am struggling to narrow down the issue. I am currently running Windows 10 version 21H1.The issue that i am having is that on a daily basis i will be surfing the internet or watching a...
  6. DNS address could not be found

DNS address could not be found: Good Afternoon,I am having a problem with maintaining my connection to the internet and am struggling to narrow down the issue. I am currently running Windows 10 version 21H1.The issue that i am having is that on a daily basis i will be surfing the internet or watching a...
  7. DNS address cannot be found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DNS address cannot be found: Lately,When I go to almost any website if it opens at all I will get a message DNS address cannot be found. The troubleshooting links do not provide an answerThis especially seems to happen if the computer has been idle for any length of time.Sometimes the message is DNS...
  8. Site can’t be reached because server DNS address could not be found

Site can’t be reached because server DNS address could not be found: I am getting this right after the 1809 update which got pulled and I am back to 1803. My network card driver got wiped out with that disaster update, something got updated. I reinstalled the driver and now the networking is back but I frequently get this in chrome and all...
  9. Site can’t be reached because server DNS address could not be found

in Windows 10 Support
    Site can’t be reached because server DNS address could not be found: I am getting this right after the 1809 update which got pulled and I am back to 1803. My network card driver got wiped out with that disaster update, something got updated. I reinstalled the driver and now the networking is back but I frequently get this in chrome and all...
  10. Server DNS address could not be found

Server DNS address could not be found: Hi, yesterday, after the most recent windows 10 update, my laptops wifi kept disconnecting every five minutes and getting the server DNS address could not be found error. Re-connecting wifi helps, but only for 5 or so minutes. Scanned for viruses, didn't find anything....