Windows 10: DNS Cache

Discus and support DNS Cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I find where the ip is stored in windows, where it keeps getting changed...... I can do a flush dns, and it will work for a while, but it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesk, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jamesk Win User

DNS Cache

How do I find where the ip is stored in windows, where it keeps getting changed...... I can do a flush dns, and it will work for a while, but it always goes back to the old ip address....

jamesk, Jan 14, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

Open an administrative command prompt and enter

Code: ipconfig /all[/quote] Please answer my questions in post #11.
    Please also advise if you have any toolbars installed, what they are, and then uninstall them all.

simrick, Jan 14, 2016
  3. jamesk Win User
    Hi, sorry thought I had sent the response...
    I am using FF and Chrome.......
    And yes, I just ran the cccleaner..
    thanks for helping
    james

jamesk, Jan 14, 2016
  4. jamesk Win User

DNS Cache

Please answer my questions in post #11.
    Please also advise if you have any toolbars installed, what they are, and then uninstall them all.[/quote] This is a screen shot of the ipconfig /all.
    http://screencast.com/t/PNUTZWEF

jamesk, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    The problem might or might not be on your end but rather, have you bothered checking the DNS Zone files for the domain to see what the Time to Live values are as it may not have expired yet or the serial number for the zone file was not increased so it's not updated on the Internet.

Use this for example and look at the IP returned as well as the TTL value:

Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

and read this too:

Nslookup - Checking DNS Records on Windows | Knowledge Center | Rackspace Hosting

What you should do first is:
    Open up a command prompt and do nslookup <domainname> like nslookup XYZ (@xyz) | Twitter and see if it is returning the old or new IP. Then do the above if it's returning the old IP to confirm the internet sees it the same way. Seems everyone on this thread thinks it is related to Windows when the above should be done first, then only when the internet sees it correctly and it's only wrong on your machine, that is the only time when you should even try to figure out what is causing it on your side.

Almighty1, Jan 15, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    You might want to try reset Edge, even though you are not using it.

Then please open Ccleaner and go to Tools on the left, then Startup, then the Scheduled Tasks tab.
    Post a screenshot here or save to text file (bottom-right corner).

You have uninstalled all toolbars right?

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    I think we need to hold out on giving the remedy until we know it's a problem on the computer because unless the DNS domain name shows on the internet to be correct, then it could actually be someone on the Master DNS forgetting to increase the serial number so that the secondary DNS and the rest of the internet updates and then there is the TTL as in Time to Live Variable which is in the zone files.

Almighty1, Jan 15, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

DNS Cache

Not pertinent to your issue, but be cautious posting things like that. It has your MAC address displayed.

f14tomcat, Jan 15, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Good point!

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  10. jamesk Win User
    I did see something in the nettools page........ 2016-01-16_0934 - JimKSchwyz's library

The nslookup seems ok...... here is a screenshot.. 2016-01-16_0934 - JimKSchwyz's library

thanks
    james

jamesk, Jan 15, 2016
  11. jamesk Win User
    I am on a reseller hosting package with namecheap........ and only having my sites on this server.... I will have to contact namecheap to see if it is possible for all of these ips to be on an ip that is assigned to my server... I have installed the anti-exploit yesterday, but it has not blocked anything yet.
    thanks
    james

jamesk, Jan 15, 2016
  12. Almighty1 Win User
    Looks like the TTL is 20 minutes which means after 20 minutes, the DNS cache is supposed to automatically request the information but that is not always the case, I tried going to tshirtsbyjames.com which redirected to Tshirts By James | Great Designs Better Prices and it's working fine.

The only thing is it can be this problem which I learned about 16 years ago which you might find interesting and may be related since Microsoft uses a TCP/IP stack that is based on the BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) stack but who knows if they had fixed this problem:
    Navas Cable Modem/DSL Tuning Guide

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DNS Cache

1. DNS Cache - Similar Threads - DNS Cache

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  4. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service: I am extremely livid right now.So DNS Client on Windows 10 has, for as far back as I can remember, had a bug that causes it to constantly eat up around 10% of my CPU forever after every time I reboot my computer. This matters a lot, as my computer has some kind of other...
  5. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service: I am extremely livid right now.So DNS Client on Windows 10 has, for as far back as I can remember, had a bug that causes it to constantly eat up around 10% of my CPU forever after every time I reboot my computer. This matters a lot, as my computer has some kind of other...
  6. W10, DNS Cache mystery CPU usage, and now I can't stop the service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is Minecraft in my DNS cache? I remember having Minecraft, but I deleted it ages ago.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Minecraft in my DNS cache? I remember having Minecraft, but I deleted it ages ago.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpyderGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v6afoc/why_is_minecraft_in_my_dns_cache_i_remember/
  8. How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows: The Windows operating system uses a cache for DNS entries. DNS (Domain Name System) is a core technology of the Internet that is being used for communication. In particular, it is used to lookup IP addresses of domain names. [ATTACH] When users type a domain name in the...
  9. How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?: How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-flush-dns-cache-windows-10-microsoft-edge/a4daef52-2e55-4e5d-b279-1c5624a01f42
  10. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...