Windows 10: DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

Discus and support DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Ryzen 9 5900X and DNS Client is consuming 5% of the CPU doing nothing.It starts to do this after it has been resumed from sleep X amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evntr, Jun 3, 2022.

1. evntr Win User

DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

I have Ryzen 9 5900X and DNS Client is consuming 5% of the CPU doing nothing.It starts to do this after it has been resumed from sleep X amount of times. Also during this explorer becomes unstable and can not load for example Downloads, Quickstart, Documents or network drives, physical disks however still seem to work just fine. I've scanned my computer with Defender, Avast and Malwarebytes and none of them has found any malware.It started doing this around a week or two ago.

:)

evntr, Jun 3, 2022

2. Client dns 100% cpu

Hello,

The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it. What can this problem be due to?

I have got Windows 10 Home

asurbanipal1977, Jun 3, 2022
  3. CDH_srl Win User
    Change DNS on client

Hello,
    we have a customer with over 2000 Windows 7 clients, domain controllers are Windows 2008, all clients are with IP and DNS settings configured manually, now they need to change DNS settings on that clients, please can you suggest us a few ways to do this
    avoiding manual intervention on all clients?
    Thanks
    Regards

CDH_srl, Jun 3, 2022
  4. DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

Client dns 100% cpu

Hello,

I have run the DNS Lookup program and I don't see anything unusual. However, there are 'peaks' in which the client dns service is with more than 60% of the CPU, blocking the rest of the tasks.
    I can't find any explanation for it, and I don't understand why when I deactivate this damn service, RPC errors start to occur.

Thanks

asurbanipal1977, Jun 3, 2022
Thema:

DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

1. DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU - Similar Threads - DNS client consumes

2. DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU: I have Ryzen 9 5900X and DNS Client is consuming 5% of the CPU doing nothing.It starts to do this after it has been resumed from sleep X amount of times. Also during this explorer becomes unstable and can not load for example Downloads, Quickstart, Documents or network...
  3. DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS client consumes ridicilous amount of CPU: I have Ryzen 9 5900X and DNS Client is consuming 5% of the CPU doing nothing.It starts to do this after it has been resumed from sleep X amount of times. Also during this explorer becomes unstable and can not load for example Downloads, Quickstart, Documents or network...
  4. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  5. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  6. Client dns 100% cpu

7. dns client site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns client site: When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in the services via the registery and the site worked. It's just one site. should i leave dns client disabled because...
  8. Service Host: DNS Client CPU usage issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: DNS Client CPU usage issue: Hello, everyone! On 2021-06-01 I made a fresh install of Windows 10 Home, and now I am running version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.985). In Task Manager I can see that Service Host: DNS Client and Service Host: SSDP Discovery (together with a whole bunch of other network processes...
  9. DNS Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS Client: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date: 16-04-2020 15:47:58 Event ID: 8020 Task Category: 1028 Level: Warning Keywords: User: NETWORK SERVICE Computer: Hostname Description: The system failed...
  10. LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall Consumes Large Amount of CPU on a Regular Basis

LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall Consumes Large Amount of CPU on a Regular Basis: For the last 3 weeks or so, the service LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall has been consuming 40 to 50% of my cpu. If I restart the system multiple times, I am sometimes successful in lowering the amount of cpu being used by LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall. I am running Windows...