Windows 10: dns client site

Discus and support dns client site in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blaze1221, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Blaze1221 Win User

dns client site

When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in the services via the registery and the site worked. It's just one site. should i leave dns client disabled because everything works fine?

:)

Blaze1221, Jan 18, 2022
  2. CDH_srl Win User

Change DNS on client

Hello,
    we have a customer with over 2000 Windows 7 clients, domain controllers are Windows 2008, all clients are with IP and DNS settings configured manually, now they need to change DNS settings on that clients, please can you suggest us a few ways to do this
    avoiding manual intervention on all clients?
    Thanks
    Regards

CDH_srl, Jan 18, 2022
  3. dns client resolvers not looking for 2nd DNS server when primary DNS server is off line

hi

i have a situation on a couple of domain networks where the client computers lose internet browsing (dns resolution) when the primary listed dns server goes off line.

i made the assumption that the client pc would imediately look to the secondary named dns server listed on its NIC ipv4 settings.

i have read a few articles from over 10 years ago that explains that it is the protocol that all vendors have to follow that causes this problem and that an ipconfig /flushdns will resolve the problem and the client will then find the secondary dns server.

can you tell me if there is a better solution or configuration that will remove the need for the end user to have to call tech support to fix their problem of not being able to web browse?

can DNS servers be clustered to prevent single point of contact failure? if so is it simple to configure?

if i point my primary dns to the firewall instead of the DC(DNS server) will this still allow for a speedy domain authentication?

are there any other solutions that you know of?

many thanks

LeeTurbitt, Jan 18, 2022
  4. dns client site

DNS Client

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client

Date: 16-04-2020 15:47:58

Event ID: 8020

Task Category: (1028)

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: NETWORK SERVICE

Computer: Hostname

Description:

The system failed to register host (A or AAAA) resource records (RRs) for network adapter

with settings:

Adapter Name : {XXXXXXXXXXX}

Host Name : Hostname

Primary Domain Suffix : Domain

DNS server list :

Sent update to server : <?>

IP Address(es) :

The reason the system could not register these RRs during the update request was because of a system problem. You can manually retry DNS registration of the network adapter and its settings by typing 'ipconfig /registerdns' at the command prompt. If problems
    still persist, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator. See event details for specific error code information.

System is not registering its A Record in DNS Zone. Above log generated post running ipconfig /registerdns.

System is connected over VPN.

vishalkhatpe, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

dns client site

1. dns client site - Similar Threads - dns client site

2. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  3. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Client dns 100% cpu: Hello,The client dns service is consuming between 50 to 60% of the cpu for a few days. This has made me have to deactivate this service but, when I deactivate it, I get the RPC error. It is incomprehensible that this service consumes so much and the RPC service depends on it....
  4. Client dns 100% cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. dns client site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns client site: When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in the services via the registery and the site worked. It's just one site. should i leave dns client disabled because...
  6. DNS Client error

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS Client error: Been having trouble getting into calls recently. Checked event viewer and it says "Name resolution for the *** timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." Censored part changes between wpad and some other applications that are running at the time. Ran sfc...
  7. DNS Client Service Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Client Service Issue: Hello. After getting "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" in many websites, I tried to fix this by restarting the DNS client service. The problem is that there are no clickable buttons in the services window, and using cmd gives an error saying that the cammand was invalid and to...
  8. DNS Error on one site

DNS Error on one site: I'm not sure if this is even the right forum to post this or not. All of my PCs are Windows 10, and actually, I'm having the exact same problem on my phones, as well. When connected to my home Wi-Fi, I cannot access this one particular site. The following is what I see. Mind...
  9. DNS Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS Client: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date: 16-04-2020 15:47:58 Event ID: 8020 Task Category: 1028 Level: Warning Keywords: User: NETWORK SERVICE Computer: Hostname Description: The system failed...
  10. DNS Client Service will not start

DNS Client Service will not start: If I open the DNS Client Service (Dnscache) in Services.msc, the Startup Type drop down box is greyed out, so I cannot change the startup type. It was disabled and I wanted to change it to Automatic but cannot from the Services utility. So I changed the Start value to 2 in...