Windows 10: DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional

Discus and support DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am attempting to use my own dns proxy as my resolver rather than my ISP's, however, I am finding it difficult to configure. The instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by windoc, Nov 1, 2019.

1. windoc Win User

DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional

Hello, I am attempting to use my own dns proxy as my resolver rather than my ISP's, however, I am finding it difficult to configure. The instructions for the proxy say to configure the primary dns to 127.0.0.1 and the alternate (fallback) dns to 9.9.9.9 which I have done so.

DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional [​IMG]

A dnsleaktest shows, that dns requests are being resolved by both, the proxy server and my ISPs resolvers. I want to know why with the above settings, that my ISP is still resolving some of the requests? When I stop the proxy service, why is my internet still working, when I have dns settings pointing to the proxy server? Below are is the current proxy configuration, I have tried different settings, and dns still gets resolved even though I have my proxy server stopped. So my question is, How do I stop windows from resolving DNS on it's own (through my ISP) and force it to use strictly my dns proxy or nothing??
    Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

windoc, Nov 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Nov 1, 2019
  3. computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

We already provide the basic steps for us to change the DNS server. We suggest to contact your ISP service provider for them to configure and provide the exact DNS server.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you do have another concern.

Phillip Pio, Nov 1, 2019
  4. DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional

computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional

1. DNS configuration issues on Windows 10 Professional - Similar Threads - DNS configuration issues

2. DNS Configuration On Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Configuration On Printers: I have been seeing a trend this week were companies are putting a regular computer machine IP address into the primary DNS of a printer and some are leaving the secondary to nothing or to google or someone else. My question is why in the printer is the primary DNS set to an...
  3. DNS Configuration On Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Configuration On Printers: I have been seeing a trend this week were companies are putting a regular computer machine IP address into the primary DNS of a printer and some are leaving the secondary to nothing or to google or someone else. My question is why in the printer is the primary DNS set to an...
  4. DNS Configuration On Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DNS / VLAN Network configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS / VLAN Network configuration: I will keep environment simple. There are two VLANs, VLAN_100 hosts AD DC and production servers, whereas VLAN_200 hosts workstations. Inter VLAN routing is enabled between domains. The DC hosts DNS and DHCP services. Router is setup to relay DHCP Address requests for all...
  6. DNS / VLAN Network configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS / VLAN Network configuration: I will keep environment simple. There are two VLANs, VLAN_100 hosts AD DC and production servers, whereas VLAN_200 hosts workstations. Inter VLAN routing is enabled between domains. The DC hosts DNS and DHCP services. Router is setup to relay DHCP Address requests for all...
  7. DNS / VLAN Network configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. DNS Issues

DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  9. DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

DNS Server Issue with Windows 10: Since the May update of Window 10 internet hasn't worked on my PC. I get the following error: "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)" How do I fix?...
  10. Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead

Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead: I'm trying to setup Unotelly on my computer but Windows 10 ignores my DNS configuration and uses default DNS instead. I have reseted my network in PC settings and in CMD for second attempt, nothing works. Disabled IPv6 in all adapters, nothing works. DNS still working on my...