Windows 10: DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update

Discus and support DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why do I have DNS problems every time there is a windows 10 update? Why does this happen and windows disconnects my internet connection every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Debra De Shazor, Feb 20, 2019.

1. DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update

Why do I have DNS problems every time there is a windows 10 update?

Why does this happen and windows disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update?

:)

Debra De Shazor, Feb 20, 2019

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

TechieNikhil, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

4. jhsurti Win User

DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update

Connect and Disconnect internet

As I said before I don't have any connectivity problems at all! It is simply that I don't have the "connect" button on clicking the network icon is system tray. When I click on this icon, I get my service provider's name "YOU Broadband". No "connect" button. In Windows 8 there used to be a "connect" button with it and clicking it would connect immediately. In Windows 10, I have to click on the "YOU Broadband" option and it opens the Dial-up tab/PPPoE in Control panel and I find YOU Broadband listed there and then find the Connect button there and I have to click on that and connection is immediately made. No issue. So I don't think there is any adapter issue. To disconnect, I have to go through all these steps again!*Mad. It is frustrating. Why did Windows 10 have to make this complicated instead of simplifying it?

Or can someone suggest if I can make a shortcut with connect button which doesn't make me go through so many clicks?

jhsurti, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update

1. DNS disconnects my internet connection every time there is an update - Similar Threads - DNS disconnects internet

2. DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  3. DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS probe finished no internet. frequent disconnecting.: Hello.My moms laptop keeps doing this thing where the internet will randomly cut out, but the wifi is still connected. Often times it will literally say "internet access" yet it doesnt let you go on any websites it does say No Internet Access sometimes too, its pretty 50/50....
  4. Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.: Hi all, So I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago or so and I've been experiencing this problem on and off for the time being and it's very annoying. First time i experienced this problem was with Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 version, after the installation I launched...
  5. My internet disconnects every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet disconnects every 10 seconds: Hello, I have this problem for like 2 years on my computer It's an Asus, Windows 10, and my internet keeps disconnecting when I'm close to the home router. With another router, it doesn't disconnect ever! I tried every solution on the internet and nothing worked. Can...
  6. Every update turns off my internet connection?

Every update turns off my internet connection?: (Windows 10 Home x64, v2004) Every time a Windows update occurs, my Internet connection is lost. I have to restart a second time to bring it back. This only happens on one machine ("First PC" in System Specs). Is there a way to fix this, or is it something I have to live...
  7. Internet disconnects every time PC comes out of sleep or is idle

Internet disconnects every time PC comes out of sleep or is idle: Hello, I've noticed that every time my laptop is idle for several minutes goes to screen saver or sleep, once I sign back into my profile, my internet connection will show "Connected, No Internet". It doesn't seem to matter what wifi signal I am connected to. This does not...
  8. every time internet disconnect when update windows 7 or windows 10

every time internet disconnect when update windows 7 or windows 10: Hi, when ever we update windows 7 and 10 every time internet disconnect but all other local network connectivity is there. i have to disable and enable network adapter to get internet access. i want to know the reason and solution. it happens only in couple of computers. i...
  9. Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects

Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  10. Connect and Disconnect internet

Connect and Disconnect internet: Hi I had been using Windows 8 till last week. It was very easy to connect or disconnect the internet in that OS. I simply clicked on the network icon in the system tray and the clicked on connect or disconnect and done. My username and password were stored so I didn't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why ia i getting a default dns everytime on windows

2. phone connects but disconnects everytime there is a connection to the internet

3. what windows update disconnects internet