Windows 10: DNS error

Discus and support DNS error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I continue to get DNS when I try to load a website, why is that , it has only happened since an update occurred yesterday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerBurnett, Oct 26, 2018.

1. DNS error

I continue to get DNS when I try to load a website, why is that , it has only happened since an update occurred yesterday.

:)

RogerBurnett, Oct 26, 2018

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

DNS error [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

DNS error [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Oct 26, 2018
  3. DNS error message

anyone have step by step instructions on how to resolve this error, I did look up the error message on google and there are many people having the same issue

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this

• This website might be marked as work-related by your organization. Try to access this link in a new Microsoft Edge window outside of Windows Defender Application Guard.
    • Make sure you’ve got the right web address:
    Details

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

[Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

BarbStephan, Oct 26, 2018
  4. DNS error

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

DNS error

1. DNS error - Similar Threads - DNS error

2. How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?: I made a purchase in a crypto website and after some time when I try to access the website it says,"this site can't be reached", DNS probe finished NX Domain. I have some cryptocurrency I need to withdraw, what can I do?...
  3. How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?: I made a purchase in a crypto website and after some time when I try to access the website it says,"this site can't be reached", DNS probe finished NX Domain. I have some cryptocurrency I need to withdraw, what can I do?...
  4. I got and error 0x80070643 when I flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got and error 0x80070643 when I flushed my DNS: I was flushing my DNS while being unware that my windows was updating I restarted my laptop and when checking everything it showed the 0x80070643 error, I have already using the .NET framework repair tool but it couldn't fix the error....
  5. I got and error 0x80070643 when I flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got and error 0x80070643 when I flushed my DNS: I was flushing my DNS while being unware that my windows was updating I restarted my laptop and when checking everything it showed the 0x80070643 error, I have already using the .NET framework repair tool but it couldn't fix the error....
  6. I got and error 0x80070643 when I flushed my DNS

7. Dns client errors after changing host file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dns client errors after changing host file: I recently had to completely refresh my host file and followed the windows and 10 instructions on how to do it. But now I get this constantly in event viewer. Please help....
  8. Dns client errors after changing host file

Dns client errors after changing host file: I recently had to completely refresh my host file and followed the windows and 10 instructions on how to do it. But now I get this constantly in event viewer. Please help....
  9. Dns client errors after changing host file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unable to log into Microsoft account on phone due to error : "DNS address could not be found"

Unable to log into Microsoft account on phone due to error : "DNS address could not be found": I am unable to log into Windows via the web or the app on my phone due to DNS error noted. I am unable to open Microsoft login page at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting dns error when loading yahoo