Windows 10: DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise

Discus and support DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Have an issue where a "work from home" PC that uses IPsec loses connectivity to 1 internal site's DNS and Windows 10 refuses to use a secondary Ipsec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 4, 2019.

1. DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise

Have an issue where a "work from home" PC that uses IPsec loses connectivity to 1 internal site's DNS and Windows 10 refuses to use a secondary Ipsec sites DNS to allow DNS look-up's. I have 3 DNS servers configured in the DHCP server and windows does see all of them with IPconfig

Yes, I know you can put up to 4 DNS servers in DHCP, but good luck in getting Windows to use something other than the 1st one.

Looking for a 3rd party software that will "ping" DNS servers and if they don't respond, re-order Windows 10 to use another DNS server.

I have found this one, but it is some what pricey, any others?

https://simplefailover.com/

submitted by /u/captain_dylan_hunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Dec 4, 2019
  4. sbpetrack Win User

DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise

1. DNS fail-over for Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise - Similar Threads - DNS fail Pro

2. Update from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro fail over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro fail over and over: I have tried at least 6 times to update my laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've followed all directions and even broke down and bought the full download program from Newegg for $189, but it will not complete installation. It goes through all the downloads,...
  3. DNS over HTTPS on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS over HTTPS on Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is coming out with DNS over HTTPS support, does that mean Windows 10 will no longer have DoH support added as previously planned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-over-https-on-windows-10/07099195-e558-445e-b242-4cc9a1d87156
  4. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: I built my own PC, originally installed Windows 10 Pro but my IT bf said that Enterprise is better. I already bought Pro license through Microsoft but I can't seem to find where can I buy to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise key? I've been reading it's mostly used by...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro: I have a computer that has an un-activated Windows 10 Enterprise. Seeing that it is not activated can I use a valid purchased Windows 10 Pro key and it will be Pro? I don't want to have to reinstall it and an activated Enterprise is far too much for what this person needs it...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: I had Windows 10 Pro installed, however I recently had to fully reset my PC and this ended up installed Enterprise and not Professional. I can't activate my Windows because the wrong type was installed and I can't find my key because it was injected into my motherboard by the...
  7. DNS over HTTPS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS over HTTPS?: I heard somewhere that Windows 10 had support for DNS over HTTPS, but I can't figure out how to change my DNS to anything other than standard DNS. If possible, how should I go about enabling DoH? submitted by /u/SniperEternal [link] [comments]...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Pro over Windows Enterprise. Will it affect my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro over Windows Enterprise. Will it affect my data?: Hi, I have Windows 10 enterprise currently installed on my laptop. I am planning to purchase and install Windows 10 pro. Which files will be affected by the installation? Will it affect my hard drive data? Should I do it? Will all my data be lost? These questions always...
  9. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise: Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once. I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise. The reason is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: How can upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Enterprise without reinstall Windows 10? 19714